Solid Toolpath View

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Solid Toolpath View

Post by Adrian »

Ah, that explains it. When the OP talked about female pockets and inlays I assumed it was the inlay toolpath that was being talked about not a VCarve one for a Vinlay.

Plas4U, the padlock icon definitely comes from Windows so it's there you need to look for why you're getting those icons on the files. Check the ownership to see if they're owned by SYSTEM or Administrator. Either can put the padlock icon on them.

Plas4u
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Multicam Classic 1000

Post by Plas4u »

Adrian, just to be clear it is an inlay toolpath not a vcarve toolpath specifically. It is the icon for inlay under which I am attempting to tool path.

With regard to the locks I will check as you say but this only happened as a consequence of the upgrade. The lock icon and the large file size are not a feature of my version 8.5 copy. I am the only computer user and nothing other than the upgrade has taken place on this computer.

Thanks for your help - Michael

Plas4u
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Plas4u »

Brian M. Any joy with this? I have downloaded latest patch but still cannot get a solid view for an INLAY tool path in Version 9.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

It's been fixed for VCarve toolpaths. Could you attach a file that is showing the problem?

Plas4u
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Plas4u »

I have sent files through to Charlotte in tech support. I cannot upload files to forum as Version 9 has resized them to over 3mb (as previously posted - same file is around 800kb in version 8.5.)

It's a head scratcher but hopefully Charlotte will have an answer.

Michael

Plas4u
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Plas4u »

Hello Adrian

Not getting all that far with this and am wondering if you would be good enough to set up an inlay tool path for the attached file to see if you can get a solid view.

Specifically I am using the INLAY tool path and asking 2 end mill cutters to create a female pocket (3mm for inner profile and 6.35mm for large area clearance). When I do this I can only get a wireframe tool path view and not a solid despite clicking on the option. I can get solid views for normal profile cuts.

In version 8.5 I was able to get a solid view for a female INLAY. I have dowloaded 9.009 patch and still no good.

I have had to delete the tool paths from the attached file as they exceed the file size upload limit.

If you could check to see if you can get a solid view that will confirm whether it is an isolated issue just affecting me or a bug.

I really appreciate your help.
outdoor dining table forum.crv
(93 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

I've added toolpaths which I believe are the same as yours to the attached file and the solid view is working as I would expect. Are the toolpaths correct and does it work for you?
Attachments
outdoor dining table forum - toolpaths.crv
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 95 times

Plas4u
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Plas4u »

Thanks Adrian

Your tool paths appeared as solid but when I opened my original I could only get wireframe as usual.

Based on your success I then deleted my file and drew it again from scratch, put in new tool paths and lo and behold, the solid appeared.

Don't know why buy no matter, all solved and thanks!!

Plas4u
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Plas4u »

As an aside, I had already run the job without the solid view and thankfully it turned out perfectly.

This is the first time I have used the INLAY path and am very impressed with how easy it is to use.

gregrae
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSAlpha

Post by gregrae »

I had the same problem after upgrading to v9. No solid toolpath view when working with files from v8.5
I finally got it to work after doing "recalculate all toolpaths". Hope this helps.