Re: Re:VCarve V9 is available NOW!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro

Postby potzmannwoodshop » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:43 am

About to go make a simple panel cut using 9
potzmannwoodshop

Model of CNC Machine: SCM Routech Record 120(1999 vintage)

Re: VCarve V9 is available NOW!

Postby maxmill » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:55 pm

I just downloaded my upgrade to Vcarve Pro. I love the fact that the new version does not overwrite the previous one, and that you can migrate your databases without rebuilding. In my past profession I have use many different Commercial grade CAD/CAM programs, and I must say, Vectric products are worth every penny you spend on them.....So much bang for the buck. Than you Vectric...See you in Vegas!
maxmill
Vectric Apprentice

Model of CNC Machine: pro 4896

Postby JONESY604 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi. I just downloaded the new 9.007 software. I was asked to migrate and I did but I noticed that my 8.5 Icon is still there. Should I delete it or leave it. Great software. Thanks
JONESY604

Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AutoRoute Pro 8

Postby Adrian » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:59 pm

V9 is a complete new install that doesn't replace the existing installation so V8.5 will still be there unless you uninstall it.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

VCarve V9 is available NOW!/Clip Art

Postby Bobtail Farm » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Please note, related post from another under Aspire - General, referencing V-carve clip art.

(0) Software: V-carve pro 9.0.
(1) I have downloaded the clip art files listed under my downloads at the portal.
(2) From reviewing the list of clip art in 9.0 freshly installed, I note that I'd have to install the downloaded clip art files to have the full selection of what is included with v-carve pro (i.e., only a few clip art models are available upon installing the upgrade to 9.0, before installing the separate clip art files).

Question 1: Given there are several files already in the freshly installed 9.0, any harm or complications (e.g., ending up with duplicate clip art) installing all the downloaded clip art files?
Question 2: (as mentioned in the post under Aspire) Any convenient list of what clip is new to V-carve users?
Question 3: In 8.5, after loading the clip art, V-carve was (for me, on my older computer) slow to become available (it would load, but it would be awhile before I could use it each time I started the program - i've since gotten a newer computer). Any experience yet in 9.0 that installing all the included clip art may have on the performance of the program?

Thanks.
Brian.
Bobtail Farm
Vectric Apprentice

Model of CNC Machine: Homemade

Postby Adrian » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:39 pm

1. If you download and install any clipart twice it overwrites itself so you won't end up with duplicates.

2. As far as I'm aware there is no new clipart for VCarve 9 it's only for Aspire 9.

3. If you have your Clipart Browser in VCarve set to a folder with a large amount of clipart in it then it can slow down the startup.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Postby Bobtail Farm » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:47 am

Thanks Adrian.
Bobtail Farm
Vectric Apprentice

Model of CNC Machine: Homemade

Postby rgerding » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:01 pm

The You Tube "what's new in 9.0" for desktop shows mirroring which can be accessed via layers. I can find the mirroring the old way. I can't find it on the layer on my version. What am I missing?
rgerding

Model of CNC Machine: Iconic 2015

Postby Adrian » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:11 pm

rgerding wrote:The You Tube "what's new in 9.0" for desktop shows mirroring which can be accessed via layers. I can find the mirroring the old way. I can't find it on the layer on my version. What am I missing?

Right click on a level (the actual Level 1 text for example) in the component tree and the mirroring options appear in the context menu.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Postby rgerding » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:26 pm

Thanks Adrian. I found it under modeling tab. That's what I was missing.
rgerding

Postby rgerding » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:40 pm

What is in the 9.008 update? Just curious.
rgerding

Postby Adrian » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Minor bug fixes found in 9.007

Vectric have never published details of the minor dot release the theory being is that you haven't found the bug you're not going to notice any difference.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Postby mohamed » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:36 am

We've actually just added a way (possibly available in V9.009 or V9.010) to inform people that the update finished successfully, and whether they want to see the release notes. This will just be a one-time thing on the first run after the a patch is installed. The release notes would be available soon in https://docs.vectric.com/docs/V9.0/VCarvePro/ENU/Help/Whats%20New/Release%20Notes.html for all the patches concerning version 9.

This will probably not be of interest to everybody, but it would help tell people whether a bug they reported was fixed, and then they can be sure to contact us again if it didn't work for their particular scenario or caused issues elsewhere.

Mohamed
++++++
Mohamed
-----------
mohamed
Vectric Staff

Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Postby rgerding » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:50 pm

I watched the training video about modeling the bears head and assumed it applied to the desktop version. It appears that I would need the pro version to do that, right? The modeling tools in desktop don't have all the same tools as what they show in the video. Do I have to upgrade to do that?
rgerding

Postby Stephanie Downing » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:57 pm

rgerding wrote:I watched the training video about modeling the bears head and assumed it applied to the desktop version. It appears that I would need the pro version to do that, right? The modeling tools in desktop don't have all the same tools as what they show in the video. Do I have to upgrade to do that?

Hi,

Unfortunately, the modelling video is specifically an Aspire video. This means you would have to upgrade from VCarve Desktop to Aspire in order to use these features.
Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Next

Return to VCarve - General