Open V-Carve Pro 9 files in Aspire 8.5

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
DHDeirick
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Open V-Carve Pro 9 files in Aspire 8.5

Post by DHDeirick »

While still in the "checking things out" mode while trying to decide about getting a CNC machine, I have downloaded the Trial version of V-Carve Pro and Aspire. Additionally, I have joined a local maker group that has Aspire 8.5 for use with their CNC machine so I can get some experience with the possibilities of of CNC machining. While I can construct some files using the Demo version of V-carve pro, I cannot save tool paths. While I have no problem with that, I cannot open files created in V-Cave Pro 9 or Aspire 9 into Aspire 8.5 at the Maker Space to cut my projects. At least not with my current knowledge of the software.

Is there a way to save the design part of the files so that they can be imported in to Aspire 8.5?

Thanks
Dave D.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Open V-Carve Pro 9 files in Aspire 8.5

Post by highpockets »

V9 is not backwardly compatible with any previous version.
You can save all your toolpath files with the Post Processor for the clubs machine, copy them to a thumb drive and load them to the machine's computer.
John
Maker of Chips

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

Files created with the trial version will not open on any other PC. They will work on the same PC as the trial if you install the licensed version there.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

highpockets wrote:V9 is not backwardly compatible with any previous version.
You can save all your toolpath files with the Post Processor for the clubs machine, copy them to a thumb drive and load them to the machine's computer.
You can't save toolpaths using a trial version John but even if you could as 4DThinker has pointed out you need to have the licenced software on the same computer as the trial version.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Whoops!! :oops: :oops: :oops: Keep forgetting that.
John
Maker of Chips

DHDeirick
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Post by DHDeirick »

I understand that I can’t save toolpaths. I have no problem with that. I just wanted to move the vector definitions from one place to another so I could then generate and save the toolpaths in the licensed version that the Maker group has.

Guess it just isn’t possible. I have to re-create the entire project. Well, at least I will get some practice with it until I get my CNC machine, which includes Vcarve.

Dave

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

I just wanted to move the vector definitions from one place to another so I could then generate and save the toolpaths in the licensed version that the Maker group has.
As mentioned, that's not allowed, regardless of version.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com