Edit a 3D object created in Aspire?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
adam_m
Model of CNC Machine: Home made

Edit a 3D object created in Aspire?

Post by adam_m »

Is it possible to go back and edit a 3D object in "Drawing" that you've created in Aspire?

I have the need to modify the geometry in a 3D object I've created...

Thanks

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Edit a 3D object created in Aspire?

Post by highpockets »

If you still have the original vectors used to create the component that you want to modify then delete or hide the existing component that's needs modification, rework the original vector then recreate the component. If it's not a major change then why not use the modeling tools?
John
Maker of Chips

adam_m

Post by adam_m »

So I'm pretty sure I did this wrong but I exported the object as 3D Clipart then used it to combine with other clipart I had created so the geometry is not in the project any longer.

I really think all my problems appeared when I added a background "Bark" to the object it/me jacked up all the vectors I think. When I look at the modeling it looks fine but what i cut was different.
SNAG-0116.jpg
IMG_1420 (Medium).JPG
IMG_1421 (Medium).JPG
SNAG-0117.jpg
Is there a tutorial on adding a background somewhere?

Adam,

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Looks like you've just cut the Rough toolpath, if that's true then run the Finish toolpath before passing judgement. If that is the Finish toolpath then create another Finish toolpath with a smaller bit.

Also you're using oak, oak has so much grain contrast that it hides a lot of carving detail. Try putting a little water or alcohol on a portion of the background to see if it brings out the background detail. One other thing to do that I can think of, is use a glaze to bring out the detail in the background. Read this great article written by Tim Merrill on 3D Glazing.

On background tutorials, check out the tutorials on Vectric's website under Support.
John
Maker of Chips

adam_m

Post by adam_m »

Thanks highpockets, I'll give another finish pass a go but I'm thinking this is as good as its going to get...

I don't see the link on glazing..?

Adam,

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Whoops!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/case- ... azing.html

What size and type of bit are you using on your Finish toolpath? Also, what is your stepover?
John
Maker of Chips

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

What were the original vectors like ? Were they created using a bitmap trace ? Looks like your original vectors might not have been very clean which is not helping give you a clean edge. Vertical edges can be a problem sometimes as well, adding draft to them can make a big difference.
As John (highpockets) has asked what stepover are you using for your finish pass ?