V9 training videos

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Desert_Woodworker
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

V9 training videos

Post by Desert_Woodworker »

I am looking for further training vid’s on V9. I go to help and click on, “help”, training videos- No links……..
If I am not mistaken, I remember that there were many training vid’s with the previous Aspire Trial version; I am trying find, further videos, to practice with.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: V9 training videos

Post by highpockets »

Go to Youtube and type in "Vectric v9". Not sure why they are not linked to on the Vectric website.
John
Maker of Chips

Desert_Woodworker
Vectric Craftsman

I am sorry to report, that the YTube videos are 30 to 50 seconds, with annoying graphics and music. What I am looking for- training tutorials similar to what was offered back in 2014, while I trained with the trial V. [ remember when you could watch “many” vids yet they reserved some for when you purchased.]

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

1 hour 17 minutes
John
Maker of Chips

Desert_Woodworker
Vectric Craftsman

Yes, this is a mini tutorial vid, but it is not a training video. Listen carefully to the vid; she says a couple of times “…. You can get more information by….” OK then when I open V9 and click “training videos” NOGO nothing.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

I got an "Browse Aspire V9" icon on my desktop after downloading. After clicking it will take you to this link:

file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/Vectric%20Files/Tutorial%20Files/Aspire%20V9.0/Index.html

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Desert_Woodworker wrote:Yes, this is a mini tutorial vid, but it is not a training video. Listen carefully to the vid; she says a couple of times “…. You can get more information by….” OK then when I open V9 and click “training videos” NOGO nothing.
Clicking the Tutorial Video Browser link from the startup screen or the Help menu should load the "C:/Users/Public/Documents/Vectric Files/Tutorial Files/Aspire V9.0/Index.html" file into your default browser and display the current training videos.

What are you seeing when you click either of those links?

If you mean you can't find specific v9 tutorials then you need to look at the videos for any new features that you might be interested in such as the Two Sided Machining tutorial that show the new process for two sided jobs in V9.

The videos might look the same as the old V8.5 ones at first glance but if you look at them you can see the new v9 toolbar to indicate that it's v9 that is being used.

Desert_Woodworker
Vectric Craftsman

"What are you seeing when you click either of those links?" NOGO it is unresponsive. Could this be; due to it being a trial version?

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

Desert_Woodworker wrote:"What are you seeing when you click either of those links?" NOGO it is unresponsive. Could this be; due to it being a trial version?
The trial editions come with the same if not more videos / training data than the full edition.

Do you have this file and/or the folder containing it at all ( file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/Vectric%20Files/Tutorial%20Files/Aspire%20Trial%20Edition%20V9.0/Index.html ) ? This is the path lead to by the links Adrian pointer out.

Could you screenshot the browser page having clicked one of those links please?

Cheers,

Mohamed
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

Desert_Woodworker
Vectric Craftsman

I do not or could not find this file to open and send a screenshot to you. When I open V9 trial edition; regardless if I try either "the trainging video's" upon opening or go to the "help" at the top-
Nothing

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Which version of Windows are you running?

Can you confirm it's the "Tutorial Video Browser" links you're trying to open? There are no links called "training videos".

Desert_Woodworker
Vectric Craftsman

"tutorial video browser" it is above "purchase Aspire now!" nothing happens when I click
I am using windows 7
Thanks for trying to help me

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Do you have a web browser installed on the PC? The only way I can see it's not working is if you don't have a program (web browser) associated with html files.

What happens if you click on Help Contents in the Help menu? That's an html file as well so if that is the problem it shouldn't be working either.

Desert_Woodworker
Vectric Craftsman

The web browser that I am using is Google Chrome- I can use V9 Trial edition fine, except for training video and clip-art. I will be upgrading soon, but will I still have the same problem?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

I would think so as the links work in the same way but just point to slightly different folders. If the Help Contents is loading fine into Google Chrome then all I can suggest is re-installing the trial in case, for some weird reason, it didn't install properly.

I install the trial of Aspire 9 onto a fresh laptop and the video links all work fine.