We are delighted to announce that Version 9.0 of Aspire, VCarve (Pro & Desktop) and Cut2D (Pro & Desktop) is now available as an upgrade from your V&CO customer portal account.
Version 9 includes some very significant enhancements, including;
• Two-Sided Machining - Allows you to create double sided jobs and visualise them in the same session. The software flips the geometry to the other side avoiding misalignment in X and Y, giving you the ability to view the parts in a multi sided environment.
• Transform Keys - Allows for quicker vector creation and editing where values can be typed to create shapes, move objects and nodes.
• Smart Curser - A new and exciting way to draw and move objects in the software more efficiently, you can snap to line extensions that don’t exist in geometry, reducing the need to create construction geometry enabling you to accurately align drawings and objects to other areas of the job.
• Vector Validator - Identifies problem vectors such as overlapping contours or intersections that may be preventing toolpath creation. This means that with only one click, you can check all the vectors for issues before getting to the toolpath stage.
• Export to PDF – Gives you the ability to export drawings to PDF allowing you to print to scale.
• Mirror Mode - Allows you to define a component level so that it mirrors all its components. One way of thinking is that you can place virtual mirrors in the centre of your job, vertically and/or horizontally, enabling you to quickly and easily create mirrored compositions. *Available in VCarve & Aspire only*
• Turn & Spin - Makes creating shapes that are turned or spun much more efficient enabling you to create rounded symmetrical shapes. You simply take one cross section and turn it from its start point to its end. Spin allows you to take a single cross section and spin it around the left side of the cross section to create a circular shape with the profile of your cross section. *Available in Aspire only*
• Array Copy Toolpath - Allows you to duplicate one or more toolpaths as a block copy. This makes mass producing one item much more efficient as you only need to edit your design on the original copy and it will be automatically updated on all the other copies of the toolpath. *Available in Cut2D Pro, VCarve Pro & Aspire only*
PLUS over $500 of FREE Clip art for Aspire customers!
For more details on the new features in version 9, go to https://release.vectric.com/upgrade
or to watch our 'what’s new in V9' video go to https://www.youtube.com/user/Vectric/videos
The version 9 software installation is being distributed via your V&CO Customer Portal account, which allows you to access your software and clip art along with your licence codes at any time. To upgrade your software now go to https://portal.vectric.com/
Simply login with your V&CO portal account username (usually the email address you used when registering your software) and password and you’re all set to upgrade.
If you haven’t signed up for your V&CO customer portal account you can do this by clicking on the ‘sign up’ option on the login page. All you need is the e-mail address your software is registered to.Trial Version
You can download and install a trial version of the 9.0 software from the link below if you want to test out the changes before deciding whether to purchase or upgrade:https://release.vectric.com/free-trial/
As well as this announcement, Vectric will be emailing all existing registered owners of the software with details of how they can upgrade their software to the latest version.
Thank you for your continued support. We hope you enjoy the new features in Version 9.
The Vectric Team