Aspire 9

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
robertf
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CnC Router

Aspire 9

Post by robertf »

I hear lot of talk about V 9, but where is it at ???
There is even a video on YouTube about it !!!

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Re: Aspire 9

Post by IslaWW »

As they say in the movie industry.... "It's in the can! Coming soon to a theatre near you!"
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

Seachaser
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster

Post by Seachaser »

Greetings Gary,
As with so many, I too am awaiting the release of V9. What I don't get is, why do we have to endure so many teases, and such a long drawn out "prerelease" period? I understand the need to beta test a new version, and no one better qualified than the selected GURU's to do this. But do we really need all of the tips and tease videos to emphasize "SEE WHAT I HAVE AND YOU DON'T".
It would be easier to suffer the wait without the constant highlights.
When you are hungry, you really don't want to watch someone else eat a steak.

Jim

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

All I say is you can't please all the people all the time. :wink:

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

But do we really need all of the tips and tease videos to emphasize "SEE WHAT I HAVE AND YOU DON'T".
Vectric can't win. If they don't show anything, people want to find out everything they can. In your case, you apparently don't want to know anything until it's ready??

When it's ready, they'll release it. It's that simple. Most people want to find out all the info they can.

Nobody's forcing you to watch the preview videos.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Jozua
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: EZ-Router

Post by Jozua »

This year Santa Clause(Vectric) is waiting for Rudolph the “Red Nose Reindeer” before they deliver… Version 9.
Patience is a virtue!!!
Joz

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

I am NOT a BETA, user.

I AM very excited about the upgrade.

I have been a Vectric user for 10 years and upgraded many times.

There has always been "some" pre-release hoopla, with anticipation.

I am 100% positive that Vectric is NOT playing any sort of "GAMES" with the delay in releasing V9.

I am 100% positive that Vectric is trying to work out the bugs as much as possible.
What they are doing is moving towards a more full 3D operating software and that is a HUGE undertaking.
The delay is the longest delay I have seen to date.
To me - that means Vectric is REALLY working HARD to find significant issues and work them out.

What they are working on NOW, is something I have wanted for several years. I don't mind waiting a little longer.

They want V9 to be as bug free as possible.

I am also very anxious - but I will patiently wait for V9 arrival.

All I can add is - Be Patient - Don't RUSH it - Let Vectric work through the issues - it will be here.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I would have to agree with ger21, Vectric can never win with something like this, there are always going to be those that want all the info they can get as quickly as possible & those that would rather know nothing until the new version is ready for launch.
My guess would be that there marketing has indicated that there are more people who want to know than those that don't :lol:

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

Release it. Please everyone. JMHO

ger21
Vectric Wizard

Post by ger21 »

4DThinker wrote:Release it. Please everyone. JMHO
Releasing buggy software pleases no one.

(Not saying or implying that V9 is buggy, btw.... it's not. It's just receiving some final tweaks)

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

To your logic it should never be released then. I have yet to see a new release that wasn't followed later by small updates to fix bugs. Why? The huge number of release users are more likely to shake out a bug or two than the beta testers were. We all know this. I've found my share.

With the ever-increasing complexity of programs I expect a to find a few repeatable bugs in new releases. The sooner the initial release gets out the sooner the incremental updates will follow. I'm a college professor who has a site license to install Aspire in our college PC lab. The version that gets installed is whatever is available by the date our computer/networking staff finalize and lock in what will be installed on the lab PCs. Usually the first week of August for the Fall semester. Last year both semesters found me having a newer update that came out past that lock-in date which wasn't compatible with the versions in the lab. Not a huge problem as I could open and edit/correct files the students had created in the lab. The tiny problem left was that they couldn't open the corrected files I sent back to them.

So now that I've seen it running in web videos, I want 9 to be released as soon possible. Give me time to learn the new features before classes start up again. Give Vectric a start on what will be a new bug list. Maybe get a .002 or .011 out before the middle of August.

4D

m.marino
Model of CNC Machine: Gantry Router - self designed

Post by m.marino »

Be patient,

I am a beta tester for another software (CAD type) and as such have helped document bugs and had to go back and test to see if the fix could be broken in the same way or another that might happen. I have the honor of meeting the Vectric team and they are a serious bunch when it comes to doing their best to get it right.

Getting it to the point that NO major nor obvious minor bugs are in the software can take a bit of time and some show up at the worst of times (Icom had that issue with their latest HT for D-Star [amateur radio] and cost them 7 months to get it fixed and a lot of egg on their face as their made promises of two dates that it would be released by and they both cam and passed). Vectric is trying to show some of the tools that are coming out in the new release and i am looking forward to it as I come from a Drafting/CAD background.

I know the want of the new shiny is a strong impulse but better to wait and let the Vectric team and their beta testers find and fix what they can so that it is as smooth as humanly possible.

Michael
Life is, Live it

Aspire 9.5, SolidWorks CSWA
CNC Gantry, FDM/FFM, Resin
MM0MSU
Veteran USAR

ger21
Vectric Wizard

Post by ger21 »

To your logic it should never be released then. I have yet to see a new release that wasn't followed later by small updates to fix bugs. Why? The huge number of release users are more likely to shake out a bug or two than the beta testers were. We all know this. I've found my share.
You fix the KNOWN bugs before release. Certainly more will be found after release, but you don't release anything when you know there are still bugs, or unfinished features.
I've used plenty of software that was released too early, which left a sour taste for the majority of users.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

I will just be patient.

I am sure that Vectric has a LOT of money tied up in this release. I am sure that they NEED the money from an upgrade to cover their costs.

They have plenty of incentive to release it.

I have had software that needed repair plugs after release and I don't like that.

Vectric is going to release.

There has been NO release DATES to my knowledge - they are NOT past due on anything.

Patience - Patience.

Don't force Vectric into something that we will all regret afterwards.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

redwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro6

Post by redwood »

Vectric's teasers are really no different then all the teasers the entertainment industry shows 6 mos prior to theatrical release.
Mark
Pioneer, CA