Aspire v9.5 wishlist

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Makingtoothpicks
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Cncrouterparts CPR2448

Re: Aspire v9.5 wishlist

Post by Makingtoothpicks »

Peek , poke ,peek ,poke

That is as far as I got with programing. I do not want to program anything . I want to buy a
program and use it. I leave the other stuff to you guys. I like gadgets LOL

Don

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by ohiolyons »

I remembered 1 inch wide paper tape fed into a teletype, timeshared to a local university's mainframe
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

Mike-S
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's Hybrid 4x4 (but 3x3)

Post by Mike-S »

"Mass storage" was to wrap the tape in a figure 8 around thumb and index finger. :roll:

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

I feel so young now! While in college there were drawers full of punch cards that I was told had computer programs on them. My first use of a PC though was a TI-994A with a cassette tape player for storing programs and data. Shortly after came an IBM PC clone (Zenith) with a 5.25 inch floppy disc drive.

I did teach myself to write programs for both, but am pretty glad I generally don't need to any more. That said, I still think the ability to do a little parametric programming within Aspire might come in very handy. One thing I do often is tediously change slot hole dimensions when it turns out the sheet material isn't the same thickness (to fit in the slots) that the drawing author assumed. Love to be able to add a little info to the slot vectors that makes them change automatically/smartly when the material thickness is changed.

4D

wcarrothers
Vectric Wizard

Post by wcarrothers »

I want,

A simple button added to the tool path screen.

This simple button would be called "ReSelect Vectors"

And the function would be, to re select any vectors that particular tool path screen originally had selected when you opened it in the first place.

I can't tell you how many times I open a tool path

then adjust a vector or 2.

Then have to close the tool path screen to re open the tool path screen to get the vectors re-selected so I could calculate the path.

Always thought it would be nicer if I didn't have to jump out then back in..

b

ctbjdm
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: TBD

Post by ctbjdm »

How about search and replace? Click a vector to find and replace all instances of it with a second vector?

Also when moving a vector, if you move the mouse cursor off the screen have the display pan to show you where you're moving (and continue moving).

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

ctbjdm wrote:How about search and replace? Click a vector to find and replace all instances of it with a second vector?
The difficulty would be in defining "all instances of it". I believe that there is a gadget that will do that with circles.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

I have used search and replace many many times in CNC programming
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

At work I am still writing G-code. I also write Macro-b family of parts programming. I have one program in a Maier F2 4 channel machine that is written to make over 100 part numbers in the family and easily expandable. Totally manually G-Coded.

Quite honestly - I really don't want to be G-Coding anymore, but, when you know it and the versatility of it, it's awefully hard to turn your back on it.

I am quite happy to be a CAM guy now. MAN - I would NOT want to write even simple 3D axis motions with a ball nosed tool.

When I have a program running in the machine and I just want to change a "Z" axis depth, of have the spindle move out of the way at the end - it's just soooooooo easy to just make that happen right there in Mach3.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC