Must See TV

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Must See TV

Post by IslaWW »

Thanks to YouTube user DarwinGarage and Michael for the D/L, I am adding this to my training sessions for new users. Hopefully this can prevent a similar event from happening.

Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Re: Must See TV

Post by scottp55 »

Thanks for posting that Gary!
A fire in my shop could well burn my house down:(
I always cringe when people run unattended or more than a minute away from it.
DC makes a Fine fire starter(even with my steel DustDeputy can I've got 3 fire extinguishers 5/10/15 feet away and 4 smoke alarms within 30' of machine).
Always good to be reminded!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

Glad you posted that here Gary! I saw your post over in SMC and was hoping you would put it here too.

It appears to me that the workpiece was fastened with double sided tape and some blocks to counter side thrust, but no real clamps.

I quit using tape a few years ago because it would every now and then let go. Usually because the wood bowed just a tad as it was being cut. Evidently the wood is a lot stronger than the tape.

That thing about watching a machine from YouTube is ridiculous! Oh great, a person can watch their shop burn down no matter where they are! If you are somewhere else you sure as heck are not in the shop to stop it.

Edit: I rewatched the vid. I think I see two clamps, one on the left and one in the back. But nothing on the front or left side. What was this person thinking? At any rate, I do not trust double sided tape one bit.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

TReischl wrote:Glad you posted that here Gary! I saw your post over in SMC and was hoping you would put it here too.

It appears to me that the workpiece was fastened with double sided tape and some blocks to counter side thrust, but no real clamps.

I quit using tape a few years ago because it would every now and then let go. Usually because the wood bowed just a tad as it was being cut. Evidently the wood is a lot stronger than the tape.

That thing about watching a machine from YouTube is ridiculous! Oh great, a person can watch their shop burn down no matter where they are! If you are somewhere else you sure as heck are not in the shop to stop it.

Edit: I rewatched the vid. I think I see two clamps, one on the left and one in the back. But nothing on the front or left side. What was this person thinking? At any rate, I do not trust double sided tape one bit.

The original YouTube video has written that there were 2 clamps...one on either side......and we now know that wasn't enough....
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

Looks like the DC on that machine is worthless too, unless you are trying to increase oxygen flow to a fire on the table.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

rej
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 2014 roc-tech 4x8 with servos

Post by rej »

If that was hdu there would have been an inferno
Hdu burns faster and more intense than just about anything. Never leave hdu.
http://www.3dsigncamp.com
http://www.roctechusacnc.com