Large Monitor Layout Defaults

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
miowera
Model of CNC Machine: Roland MDX650 ATC-R

Large Monitor Layout Defaults

Post by miowera »

Hello Aspirers

Does anybody know how to set a default in v8.5 to ALWAYS display the left and right tabs (Drawing and Toolpaths) - I have a lot of monitor real-estate and it would be nice to do. I know about the tab "Pins" but I would like a default if possible.

Also any other cool ideas on how to take advantage of big screens would be appreciated.

TIA

Miowera

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Large Monitor Layout Defaults

Post by Adrian »

Main thing is to go into the Option on the Edit menu and make sure you have the three Save options under Window Layout set to Yes. That way any changes you make will be remembered. Once you've pinned them open with those set to Yes they will stay that way.

You can also drag the tabs to undock them as well to put them in different positions and redock them in different orders if needed. I actually have all my tabs permanently open on my 2nd right hand monitor with the left hand one being just the drawing window. Back when I had a single monitor I preferred to to have the drawing tab permanently open but the toolpath tab only open when needed.

miowera
Model of CNC Machine: Roland MDX650 ATC-R

Post by miowera »

Thanks mate, exactly what I was looking for.

jarm2
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: C&CNC electronics 4x4 ext aluminum table

Post by jarm2 »

Thanks for the tip, Adrian. This makes for a much better work space and leaves more room for my drawing screen. I like having the two tabs on my other monitor.
Aspire 11 ViaCAD Pro 12 Corel 2019 W 10, 2.2 kw spindle wireless pendant

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You can drag the Drawing,Modelling,Clipart and Layers tabs out into individual tabs on the 2nd monitor as well. I find that most useful with the layers and clipart as I work with those constantly.