Photoshop tricks & VCarve Pro/Aspire = photo v-carving...

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Re: Photoshop tricks & VCarve Pro/Aspire = photo v-carving..

Post by mezalick »

Thanks,,,,,,tired eyes,,I thought it said it was posted this past May 2017,,,,when it really says 2011.....Oh well......

~M
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

sudo
Model of CNC Machine: CNC SHARK HD4

Post by sudo »

Adrian wrote:I do half tone images with a VCarve toolpath and it doesn't peck like that.

Important thing is to make sure the vectors are clean. They may look like clean circles to the naked eye but, depending on how you generated them, they could have "jaggies" which massively increases the cutting time.

Other thing to check is what pass depth you have set for the tool. If it's a lot shallower than the depth of the holes then you will get a lot of "pecks".
Mind if I ask how you generate your halftone images? I used gimp and then the bit tracer in vcarve. Indeed, all the seemingly round holes are little polygons of one shape or another.

Thanks in advance!

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

sudo wrote: Mind if I ask how you generate your halftone images? I used gimp and then the bit tracer in vcarve. Indeed, all the seemingly round holes are little polygons of one shape or another.
I use Jason Dorie's excellent half toner program to create a DXF which I import into VCarve (actually Aspire but the process is identical) - http://jasondorie.com/page_cnc.html

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

You might also find some more info if you try a search on the forum, the software Adrian has posted a link to has been talked about on the forum in the past :lol: :lol: