Here is a custom order I did for a chick, she requested extra blank wood margins because this is going to be signed by the cast later this month.
10x18", turned out pretty nice.
Had problems with the lettering, when I had the model stretched to cover most of the blank, vcarve preview looked good. When I shrunk the entire thing as per her request, vcarve toolpath ran but it didn't show anything on the preview.
Not much of a vcarve expert, I figured I had got to the point where small size was restricting depth to near nothing.
So I ended up just doing pockets with an engrave bit. Was too conservative on the depth [I was worried about going too deep and ruining the whole thing].
Letters were very weak, not much more than impressions. Thought maybe I could color them in with a dark brown but thought that would look tacky.
Lost center position, so my options were do another one or make the letters deeper by hand.
Used a dremel with a very small engrave type bit, turned out pretty nice.
I'll post back if I get a pic of it signed.