Finding My downloads

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Bob G
Model of CNC Machine: Shark pro w/extended platform

Finding My downloads

Post by Bob G »

I purchased some disgn& make projects, and now I can't find them , once I do find them, where should they go for ease of access, while in my VcarvePro, can anyone help me on this
Thanks BobG

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Finding My downloads

Post by Adrian »

If you want them to be in the default place then that is "Public Documents\Vectric Files\Design&Make" on Windows 8 and 10 that equates to "c:\users\public\public documents\" etc.

Unless you've moved them around that's where they should be once you're run the installation file that you download from Design & Make plus they should be on your clipart tab as well.

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Post by Bob Reda »

If downloaded to windows with no specific place to be look in the download folder

Bob

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

a quick way to find them is save something else random and take note of the location. You can then navigate back to that location through explorer and find you files.
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Is it the installation file that you downloaded that you can't find or have you run the installation file but can't find where the files have been installed to?

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Post by Todd Bailey »

Hello Bob...

Seeing as you purchased a Design and Make Project then it will have been delivered to you as a downloadable installer. If you did not run the installer from your web browser then it, most likely, was saved to your "Downloads folder".

If you open your "Windows File Explorer" there will be a link to your Downloads Folder under "Quick Access".
Windows File Explorer (Win 10)
Windows File Explorer (Win 10)
Have a browse through that folder and look for the project(s) you purchased and downloaded (should start with the word "install"). Once you find them double click the file name and the installer should run. Once it has completed you can open up your VCarve Pro and they will show up in your Clipart tab.

If not please let me know and I will be sure to get you all sorted out.

Thanks!
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

seabreezr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Post by seabreezr »

Hello Tod and all,
I am having the same problem. I do have a couple free kits from design and make that are in my clipart and no where else. I bought 2 kits and they were downloaded into my document file.

I still can use it but I am having a hard time downloading them into my clipart in Aspire 8.5.
Would you mind helping me?

Thank you for your time,
Donna

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Post by Todd Bailey »

Hello Donna...

Looks like you have 2 questions here...

Q1 - "I do have a couple free kits from design and make that are in my clipart and nowhere else."
A1 - I suspect the 2 were downloaded to your downloads folder and then were run from there. You may not have known or noticed that if you choose to run the installers from your internet browser. I would have a peek in that folder and see if you can find the installers.

Q2 - "I bought 2 kits and they were downloaded into my document file. I still can use it but I am having a hard time downloading them into my clipart in Aspire 8.5."
A2 - If you locate the installers in your Documents folder just double left click them and the installers should run. Once they are finished you should see them in your Aspire Clipart tab (you may need to restart Aspire if it is running during the install of the projects to refresh the contents of the Clipart tab).

Please let me know if all that makes sense and if it all works out for you.
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

seabreezr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Post by seabreezr »

Hello Todd and thank you again for your time,

I have no idea what I am doing. I did go into documents but does not say anything about aspire or design and make. I am not sure why I got the free ones in automatically but not the bought ones.. Anything else I can do?
Thank you so much :D :roll: :D