BIG Problems with my CNC

Roskrow
Model of CNC Machine: GX-6060 CNC Router Table

BIG Problems with my CNC

Post by Roskrow »

I use a GX -6060 CNC
I have had the machine for a little over a year, and have had no problems until now.

It appears that the X and Y axis are both working fine. But the Z axis has gone mad.

If I set it up so that everything is set up that zero is the bottom left corner. It starts correctly, but within a few second the Z axis does not respond and just cuts lower and lower into the work. I now use Aspire, but previously was using another well known Software. I have tested it using bothe types of software, but with the same result.

If I move the Z axis down to the surface and then raise it instead of rising smoothly it now rises in, I can only say. 'lurches'

Has anyone any ideas as to what is wrong. For example is it a fault in the Router, or is it likey to be a fault in the electrical equipment within the machine.

Any suggestions would be MUCH apreciated and/or does anyone know a CNC expert in the Bristol are who might be able to come and sort me out.
In anticipation many thanks
Malcolm Farrant

kyeakel
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger STV4800

Re: BIG Problems with my CNC

Post by kyeakel »

I don't know your CNC machine, but I'd look for loose mechanical connection between Z axis motor and ballscrew or pinion gear. If not check for binding, lack of lubrication on Z axis bearings. There could be an intermittent connection to the Z axis motor, have you checked the connector and wiring? To check for Z binding, loose mechanicals I'd write a small G-code program that just moved the Z up and down repeatedly.

Kipp
CAMaster Stinger 1
Shopbot PRT 9648
STV4800
Aspire
Cut2d,Cut2dLaser

Roskrow

Post by Roskrow »

Thanks Kipp I will investigate.
Best wishes
Malcolm

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

Roskrow

Post by Roskrow »

Garylmast, Many thanks for the link.
The last itm in that is MOSt interesting. I will have a word with a Friend whi is a computer Wizz Kid and seek his view.
Best wishes Malcolm

Roskrow

Post by Roskrow »

MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED.
Thank you all for trying to assist me.

By sheer chance I found what was wrong.

I bought this machine diect from China. I had earlierv had a number of issues as to how they had finished my machine.

What I discovered was that the Z drive motor is connect to the drive shaft by a link with 4 allan key bolts. These I discovered were slightly loose.With the result that at times the shaft was not turning accurately.

All so simple, and at no cost (except my brain which has driven me even more mad)
Once I had tghtened up all four bolts my CNC worked like a dream

Again thank you all
Malcolm

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Malcolm, good to hear that it is fixed, that was actually what Kipp told you to check for in the first post after your question :lol: :lol: :lol:

coherent
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Mill, CNC Router, CNC Plasma, Laser

Post by coherent »

Glad you found the issue. 95% of the time missed steps are caused by a mechanical issue. A good practice is to use some thread lock on everything that moves or vibrates!