Circle Resize

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
PeteSeminole
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II

Circle Resize

Post by PeteSeminole »

Having an issue with the Circle Resize as I selected all my circles to resize I entered in my current size with tolerance .01 and new circle size .7425 into gadget box. It says it found 4 holes to change but there is 17 holes total. When I go to do it again it says failed to find any .767 size holes. Attached is the file

Any one else have this similar problem ???

Thanks

Pete
Attachments
Counter Caddy TOPS only - NO Holes.crv
(103.5 KiB) Downloaded 214 times

sylvan356
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1 w/Rotary, Aspire 11.5

Re: Circle Resize

Post by sylvan356 »

Did you select them all before running the gadget?

PeteSeminole

Post by PeteSeminole »

sylvan356 wrote:Did you select them all before running the gadget?
Yes I did

Kayvon
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Post by Kayvon »

If you select a single circle and go to node edit, is it really a true circle? VCarve/Aspire won't detect a collection of arcs as a circle, even if they form a circle. I have this problem every time I import certain .dxf files.

PeteSeminole

Post by PeteSeminole »

Kayvon wrote:If you select a single circle and go to node edit, is it really a true circle? VCarve/Aspire won't detect a collection of arcs as a circle, even if they form a circle. I have this problem every time I import certain .dxf files.
I did check that they are all complete circles not arcs, as I even drew them with "draw circle" command in VCarve pro. I even tried to re-load the gadget also.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

How are you doing the select before running the gadget? The numbers you're quoting for the number of holes don't match up with what I'm seeing on the various layers.

I usually use the vector selector first to select all the holes that match my requirements before running the gadget.

PeteSeminole

Post by PeteSeminole »

Adrian wrote:How are you doing the select before running the gadget? The numbers you're quoting for the number of holes don't match up with what I'm seeing on the various layers.

I usually use the vector selector first to select all the holes that match my requirements before running the gadget.
I am picking them as I am not using all the vectors on the screen.

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi,

The gadget is failing because it is not recognising some of the circles as they have been mirrored at some point. We have fixed this for a new release of the gadget and hope to have this uploaded in the near future.

Brian

PeteSeminole

Post by PeteSeminole »

BrianM wrote:Hi,

The gadget is failing because it is not recognising some of the circles as they have been mirrored at some point. We have fixed this for a new release of the gadget and hope to have this uploaded in the near future.

Brian
Thanks for the solution - I thought I was loosing my mind :o - only problem is I have a many holes to change by hand. Also I did use the mirror command when I made these parts.

Thanks again Brian :D Can you notify me when the update is ready !!

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

PeteSeminole wrote:...

Thanks for the solution - I thought I was loosing my mind :o - only problem is I have a many holes to change by hand. Also I did use the mirror command when I made these parts.

The updated gadget has been uploaded to the gadgets.vectric.com site. After installing ensure that it says 'Version 1.2' in the bottom left corner of the dialog and you should be good to go.

Brian

PeteSeminole

Post by PeteSeminole »

BrianM wrote:
PeteSeminole wrote:...

The updated gadget has been uploaded to the gadgets.vectric.com site. After installing ensure that it says 'Version 1.2' in the bottom left corner of the dialog and you should be good to go.

Brian
Thanks for the super fast fix - I just tried downloading it but still the old one so I will have to wait until the server refreshes

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

1.2 downloaded and installed ok for me.