Clocks saved from the fireplace

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
Papa_Paul
Model of CNC Machine: Open Build OX

Clocks saved from the fireplace

Post by Papa_Paul »

It seems that as winter comes around that more items are created from wood that was destined for the fireplace or wood burner. My neighbor was told not to have any more open fires due to health issues, so said that I could clear his shed of all the wood that he had stocked up for his fireplace. Some of it was an old kitchen that was made of solid oak panels. So I cleaned them up and made 2 of the free clock projects form the Vectric site. The "Divine clock" was for my daughter here in England and the "Distingue Mantle Clock" is my daughter in Florida (yep fireplace in Florida?).

The last picture is not a VCarve project yet. It is an old clock that I found in the shed while cleaning out the wood and my neighbor said that I could have it. I think it will be a challenge to get going again; if ever. The clock was made in the Black Forest somewhere between the mid 1800 and the early 1900 and had a round molded face for the English market; which is missing. so if I and get it running then I believe I will be use the moulding tool path option to help create a new face, or perhaps a more traditional Black Forest face with tole painting.
Attachments
The Divine Clock.jpg
Distingue Mantle Clock.jpg
Postman Clock.jpg

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Clocks saved from the fireplace

Post by highpockets »

Beautiful clocks and what a great way to save nice wood from a fiery ending.

Good luck with the old black forest clock, looks like you have your work cutout for you on that one.
John
Maker of Chips

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Superb work, Paul!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Mark's Wood Chips
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 23 with Rotary

Post by Mark's Wood Chips »

Excellent job on the clocks Paul! I have made a few of the newsletter project clocks as well and they all turned out great. Problem is, when daylight savings kicks in, I will have to re-set too many clocks.

Mark

dwwright
Model of CNC Machine: JGRO

Post by dwwright »

Nice work on the clocks.