Thermwood cutter radius comp Post Processor

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Joshua Eller
Model of CNC Machine: Thermwood C48W

Thermwood cutter radius comp Post Processor

Post by Joshua Eller »

Hello everyone, I have modified the the thermwood 91000 PP to allow cutter radius compensation but this only works for profile cuts, all others like pocket and vcarving will still require you to input the proper bit diameter.

The way this works is by setting the bit diameter to .001" in the software and for our company we use conventional cuts for nearly everything so we use the G42 with an outside profile cut. This doesnt work for any other tool path because the software calculates the stepover for the bit based on the dia. so for this reason I have a copy of our most commonly used tools setup in the tool manager, one with the diameter at .001 and the other with the nominal diameter to use when machining pockets and such. Ill attach the PP I have made for you guys to use. If you have any suggestions I would like to hear them as I feel like there is a better way to approach this than what I have done but for the moment it work.

Thanks.
Attachments
Thermwood_ATC_91000_ARCS_inch.pp.txt
This one I use for pockets and vcarving
(4.93 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Thermwood_ATC_91000_ARCS_inch_G41.pp.txt
(5.08 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
Thermwood_ATC_91000_ARCS_inch_G42.pp.txt
This is my most commonly used PP
(5.51 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

Joshua Eller

Re: Thermwood cutter radius comp Post Processor

Post by Joshua Eller »

I have made a few changes to these in the past months, I added the text "START NEW FIGURE" to make it easier to tell the different cut paths and few other small changes to the codes to clean it up a little.
Dont forget you will have to change the extension of the file from "txt" to "pp" for it to work.
Attachments
Thermwood_ATC_91000_ARCS_inch.txt
This PP is what I use for pockets and vcarving, there is no CRC in this PP
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Thermwood_ATC_91000_ARCS_inch_G41.txt
This one is what I use for finish cuts on hardwoods since a climb cut leaves the best finish.
(5.48 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Thermwood_ATC_91000_ARCS_inch_G42.txt
This is what I use for all the plywood parts we cut we use a 3/8 compression bit cutting conventional and it works perfect.
(5.49 KiB) Downloaded 254 times

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

Nice work. Would have never though of that.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Joshua Eller

Post by Joshua Eller »

ger21 wrote:Nice work. Would have never though of that.
Thanks!