Fillet gadget

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
Makingtoothpicks
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Cncrouterparts CPR2448

Fillet gadget

Post by Makingtoothpicks »

I am sure it is me but I can't seem to get the gadget to make a copy of the fillet I make. I am making a makecnc pattern. I do I resize on the vectors to fit the thickness of the wood I will use.I make what I think is a T bone fillet.I use the gadget with all the parts I need to copy the fillet to including the one I made. I do not get repeat fillets. I get just rectangle cutouts. Here is the crv file
Attachments
Test Fillet.crv
(187 KiB) Downloaded 242 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Fillet gadget

Post by Adrian »

I think it only works on slot type type vectors not solid internal ones. Th detector only appears to pick up that type of vector as being suitable.

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Post by dhellew2 »

A bit more information would be helpful.

Are you using the size tool to shrink the entire file to material size or just the slots

Which makecnc file are you using?

Are you trying to change all the slots to t-bone or dog bone fillets at the same time, as you would resizing circles using circle gadget?

If there are multiple parts that are the same, I usually fix one then array copy as many as needed; but after creating a duplicate file which I reduce to the material thickness.
Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

Makingtoothpicks
Vectric Wizard

I did post a crv file. I did the test without doing any resizing. There are 8 items in the test crv. I need to do a dogbone or tbone fillet. I delieve either one will do the job. The mackecnc pattern is the Time Machine from the movie. I don't know what info you need but if you a specific as to what I left out of the crv file I will try to answer.

Thank you
Don

PS : when I do the resize I will do all vectors. I will be using plywood that is .110 thick. The dfx is set for .125. I think that I am going to have to do all the fillets individually. There are quite a few.

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Post by dhellew2 »

This isn't exactly what you wanted but with a little practice you can do the entire file in just a few minutes. Five fixed slots and 5 arrays will fix 44 parts

To prevent accidental mistakes, I add a box off to one side, put the original file in the box, then when I make a mistake I can copy the original part.
When shrinking I don't include the original file.
The plywood thickness .110 is typical for 3mm so the reduction is 88%; I sand both sides first so most of the time I use .1085 to get a snug fit [86.8%]

Most of the slots are either .125x.5 or .125x1
The easiest method I can think of is to fix one then do an array copy of the entire part

The base is symmetrical, I would fix one side, draw a vector down the center [top to bottom] erase one half then do a copy about.

For the rectangle with 3 slots you can copy one fixed slot then copy and paste one on top of each of the three, deleting the original slot.

The hardest ones will be the 8-slots that form a circle; I would select and move the part so the center of the circle is over two crossed vectors or guide lines, erase all but one slot, add fillets, then do a circular array around the center point of the crossed vectors/guide lines.

The slot in the ornate parts with the circular slots is at a 45 degree angle... just grab a copy of one that is horizontal or vertical, hit the 9 key to rotate it 45 degrees then drop it on top of and remove the existing slot.

Hope this helps.

Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

Makingtoothpicks
Vectric Wizard

Thank you Dale I have read and I think I understand what you are saying.I will try a few times using a test setup and only part of the project.

Don