Question exporting from Corel to EPS

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
jimidero
Model of CNC Machine: Flexmatic

Question exporting from Corel to EPS

Post by jimidero »

Hello i have a question that maybe someone help me.
When i export a vector from corel draw to eps, and importing it from Aspire its ok.
When i double click it and open it directly with aspire the it changes my Clearance (Z1) to 6mm Plung (Z2) to 6mm and Home/Start position Z to 20mm.
It's very strange this and searched but nothing.
I know i can import from aspire but i would like to find out what's happening.
I hope someone will reply
Thank you in advance

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Question exporting from Corel to EPS

Post by Adrian »

Changing from what? There is no tool information in an EPS file.

If you import an EPS file then it will use the settings for the current session. If you open it by double clicking then it will use the defaults from the last time Aspire was exited. Depending on what you enter in the Job Setup screen when opening the EPS file the clearance parameters may have to change automatically to make sense.

jimidero
Model of CNC Machine: Flexmatic

Post by jimidero »

Thank you for replying.
As i mention when double clicking the eps or open with... Aspire it changes the values i mention. I change them to zero and then if i double click again an eps it changes again.
It reads somewhere in file the Z i think although there is no such info in eps files.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Aspire will adjust the Home Z to make sense in relation to the material and Z zero/clearance settings. If you have a Z1 of 1/4" and a Home Z of 1/2" and then you start a job with 1" material then the values will be adjusted as a Home Z lower than the material makes no sense.

Are you sure that you're not seeing something like that? If you're setting all the values to zero then Aspire will definitely change them.