Text sizing for dates ect.

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
chrispy
Model of CNC Machine: RYE Quantum maxi

Text sizing for dates ect.

Post by chrispy »

Hi, when setting out a job that includes a date I often want to put in the date as the 1st or 22nd ect. now some software reduces the size and position of the "st" "nd to the upper right corner of the date number, is there any way to to this in V-carve? because if there is I can't find it and it is a right fiddle to do as a separate line entry in smaller text. :evil:

Thanks for any help.

glenninvb
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuild / VCP 8.0

Re: Text sizing for dates ect.

Post by glenninvb »

may not understand your question but you can convert the text to curves and select the "st" "nd" and set to what ever size you wish and position where you wish

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

VCarve has no superscript/subscript setting for fonts so DIY is the only way in the way Glenn describes.

chrispy

Post by chrispy »

glenninvb wrote:may not understand your question but you can convert the text to curves and select the "st" "nd" and set to what ever size you wish and position where you wish
Yes that's what I've been doing Glenn but it's a fiddle especially when wrapping round curves and then changing spacings to even things up.

chrispy

Post by chrispy »

Adrian wrote:VCarve has no superscript/subscript setting for fonts so DIY is the only way in the way Glenn describes.
Oh well at least I haven't been missing anything obvious then!