Free Project - Jade & Ebony Box

AmritpalP
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Free Project - Jade & Ebony Box

Post by AmritpalP »

This “Jade & Ebony” box project is all wood, yet has a realistic appearance of carved green jadestone. The casual onlooker will be convinced it’s the real thing! The “jade” effect was created with a fun marbleizing technique described in the finishing section of these instructions. The best part is, anyone can do it! The project uses the new Moulding Toolpath feature released to the public with Aspire (and VCarve) version 8.5 . This introduces an easy and efficient method to create nicely profiled mouldings of all kinds.

The finished dimensions of this project are approximately 13 " W x 8 " D x 8 " T

This free Vectric project requires Aspire 8.5 or higher.

Click the link to download the project files - http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/proje ... y-box.html

If you go ahead and create this project, then it would be great to see a photo of your finished piece over on the Vectric Forum. Alternatively feel free to email us a picture of your finished piece at online@vectric.com.
Graphic & Web Designer

www.vectric.com

aroff
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: shark hd

Re: Free Project - Jade & Ebony Box

Post by aroff »

error.PNG
help please
am getting the enclosed error and dont know how to fix it
am using nestwaveautimation shark with aspire 8.5

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

aroff wrote:
error.PNG
help please
am getting the enclosed error and dont know how to fix it
am using nestwaveautimation shark with aspire 8.5
Hello,

Without changing anything else, check those particular toolpaths to make sure they still have a bit assigned to them. It's possible your tool database does not have the tool that is assigned in the original project file by default. If any change was made to the original toolpath settings or vector selections, the toolpath may have "lost contact" with the bits assignment. This means you will need to re-select/assign a comparable bit that is included/listed in your own tool database, then re-calculate the toolpath(s).

Please let us know if that corrects the problem for you.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

Michael,
I recently saw on YouTube a video using fingernail polish for this type of project..
Poured into a container of water and the item was dipped..

I thought of you immediately.

Now, I can't fined the video,,but I'm sure we all know people that have many half emptied bottles of finger nail polish that would be will to donate them in the name of Art..

"new and slightly different." My new motto..

Well done as always,
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

mezalick wrote:Michael,
I recently saw on YouTube a video using fingernail polish for this type of project..
Poured into a container of water and the item was dipped..

I thought of you immediately.

Now, I can't fined the video,,but I'm sure we all know people that have many half emptied bottles of finger nail polish that would be will to donate them in the name of Art..

"new and slightly different." My new motto..

Well done as always,
Michael
Hi Michael,

Thank you! I've thought about raiding my wife's nail polish inventory more than a few times. (Chickened out every time so far, though.)

The dipping is a fun technique. I first learned about it a couple decades or so ago and used the technique to get a marble finish on tin containers (Altoid and Sucrets boxes and those International Coffee tin containers). The technique has found great popularity with artists, scrapbookers, and guitar builders. Lots of videos showing all kinds of variations on "the theme" on YouTube - and they all look fun to try!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC