Model of CNC Machine: Mazak/Probotix Meteor Fireball

Z is stuck on a block of wood.

Post by poolrod »

Will home send z axis first?????.. Thank you all

poolrod

Re: Z is stuck on a block of wood.

Post by poolrod »

I have a game type controler, but not used to it yet. Probotix Meteor Fireball is the machine.

poolrod

Post by poolrod »

HELP please.

PaulRowntree
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt 4'x2' (Mach3+G540)

Post by PaulRowntree »

Sunday morning here ... not sure when the Probotix experts will be on, but here goes (from a non-Probotix user!)
I expect that using the manual control to go home would lift Z to some value that the controller thinks is 'safe' from collisions with the table or material, then move XY to the home position, then descend to home Z. Safe X-Y-Z motion requires the controller to know something about the current state. Is the machine already zeroed ?

The sequence will probably depend on if your machine has a Z homing plate or a XYZ homing system.

This should be clearly laid out in the manual.

Does this help?

What is the connection between your question and the title of the thread ?
Paul Rowntree
WarpDriver, StandingWave, Topo and gadgets available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

Probotix website wrote:This machine is supported by the FireBall CNC Yahoo Group. Feel free to drop in there to learn more or to ask any questions before buying.
Not knowing this machine, I do not know if this method will generate a problem when homing so be careful:
-switch off the CNC
-release the tool in situ if it is stuck in the material (try rotating manually the spindle)
-if the Z axis is not the first move when homing, then move the Z axis by hand using the Z coupling device
-switch the machine on and run homing. Be ready to use the security switch

It only makes sense if you can get the tool out of the spindle, which depends of the tool length, the Z position and the Z travel.

HTH
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I don't really understand what you are asking, often a picture is helpful. Not a linuxcnc user either so not sure of the set up they use. Mach3 would move the z axis first because as Paul has said this ensures it is clear of any obstructions on the table. Most people would have the z home position at the top as I have so the machine moves the z axis up until it makes contact with the z axis home switch & then back down a couple of mm until the switch clears.
Once the z axis is set it moves on to the next axis.

In mach3 I don't have to home the machine as soon as it is turned on, I can manually jog any axis I want & would have thought Linuxcnc would be the same so not sure what the question is asking. If my z axis were sitting on a bit of wood I would simply jog it up a bit, mach3 can be used with a pendant control as well but it's not exclusive, you can still use keyboard controls.

Have you tried asking your question on the linuxcnc forum ? I have no idea what it is like as not a user but found it with a google search

https://forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/index

poolrod

Post by poolrod »

Got it guys, F3 puts it in manual mode so you can select an axis and move + . thank you all.