vector outlies

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

vector outlies

Post by martin54 »

Are there vector outlines available for the design & make projects? Purchased a few so know they don't come included & had a look about the website but couldn't see anything but maybe I have just missed them :lol:

I know I could produce my own by importing each model & creating a vector boundary & then exporting the vector as an eps but just wondered if they were already available.

Sometimes when I am putting stuff together I find it easier ( & quicker) to just work with the vectors until I get close to the sort of look I am after :lol: :lol:

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Re: vector outlies

Post by Todd Bailey »

Hello...

Thanks for the question.

Yes you can download DXF outlines from the individual Project Pages. The link is located On the right hand side under the "In case you need..." section. These have been exported from Aspire as DXF files and are easily imported back in.

Let me know if that works OK for you.
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Thanks Todd, I've not bothered in the past but having just purchased the wildlife scenes collection I didn't fancy having to reproduce all the outlines, was looking at the collection page rather than each of the separate project pages. Downloaded them now thanks :lol: :lol:

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Post by Todd Bailey »

No Problem Martin.

Originally they were included on the project pages for 2 reasons...
1) as a pre-sales tool. To have the outlines there for free meant you could import them into Aspire or VCarve and rough out a layout for a customer before you made the plunge to purchase it.
2) This is not true for Aspire, VCarve Pro or VCarve Desktop but some software can't create a an outline of a model for a profile cut so these work well for that.

Anyway... glad they will work out for you!
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com