Skull Art

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
NewAgent45
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD2 - Black Diamond CP v2.1

Skull Art

Post by NewAgent45 »

I had a request for Skull-Art from a client. This isn't really my thing but, we learn from every project. We combined three different models (skull, rose, lilies) with three instances of the roses and bunch of lilies and carved the composite. The tilt and fade of each of the models were manipulated to get the desired effect. We also used the create vector texture to add the wood grain effect to the background. We carved this in foam board with the finish dimensions of 2" thick x 23 inches in diameter. The project was hand painted and LED lighting was glued to the inside surface of the frame. The lights really make our skull pop! The lights are a little bright so we will add a simple dimmer control.
Lights on
Lights on
Lights off
Lights off
In primer
In primer
Hope you like it!

Happy New Year............ Rod

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Skull Art

Post by martin54 »

I don't like it lol, but then like you it's not really my thing :lol: :lol:

I can however appreciate the process & the time you must have put into the project to get it right. How easy was it to create using the tilt & fade functions in VCP? Quite new to 3D modeling myself & haven't got round to experimenting with them yet.

NewAgent45
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD2 - Black Diamond CP v2.1

Post by NewAgent45 »

Martin,

Sorry it took a few days to respond to your post.

I find Vectric's tutorials are a big help. I usually view the tutorial on one screen while working along on another. I sometimes pause or replay portions of the tutorial to make sure I understand.

VCP - Tutorials
http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... Index.html

The Simple Crest -3D Assembly Tutorial spends quit a bit of time on the tilt and fade features of the software. I found this training most helpful.
http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... _3DAS.html

It isn't all that hard. But you might want to do a couple simpler projects in cheaper material to get a feel for how much to fade and tilt to get the desired results.

Have a great day!

... Rod

esteeme1
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Cobra 404 ATC; ROMAX WD-1; Shark

Post by esteeme1 »

Wow! That's really nice work and even though I don't paint, it makes me want to give it a shot.
Jim Darlas
"Can Do!"
http://www.esteemedwoodcrafts.com/
http://www.esteemedplaques.com/

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Thanks Rod, yer I've watched the tutorials & had a play along with them myself, big on watching & learning from them myself as well but it's never quite the same when your working with different files, well it doesn't seem to be for me anyway :oops: :oops:

When I'm working with any of the tutorial files & have a step to perform be it tilt, fade, rotate, size, etc etc then I find it pretty easy to get right because they have either told you how much or I have already watched it being done a couple of times so know what it should look like when I have done it. Working with your own or customer files is a bit different as it's completely up to you lol

Will have to add it to my long list of things I would like to do which unfortunately is getting longer & longer rather than shorter :lol: :lol: