We gave it to our pastor who liked it so much he placed it on the altar in front of the crèche.
It was made on piece of 3/4" cherry. I used a 1/2" straight pit for roughing and a 1/8 BN for finishing. The text was a v-carve toolpath using a 11 degree v-bit. (available from MCLS)
- Code: Select all
Finishing took a lot to remove the "corduroy" and other tool marks was a bit more than usual this is due to the various undulations of the model.
Final sanding to 220 before finishing. I used medium walnut Danish oil for the stain and several coats of poly sanding it to 320 and applying a coat of clear wax and buffing it out.