Constant Resume issue

mgrant
Model of CNC Machine: piranha fx

Re: Constant Resume issue

Post by mgrant »

I can't seem to post it. Keep getting an error. It will not let me post the text file either. I picked a bad week to stop drinking!

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

You can get around the restrictions against posting some types of files by zipping them first.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

mgrant

Post by mgrant »

I have a tech guy zipping it for me. Will send asap.

mgrant

Post by mgrant »

zip file rejected as 'possible attack vector". I will have him try again tomorrow using something other than the tap file.

SamPris
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD 2.0

Post by SamPris »

I have attached a basic file for you to try. Let me know if either of these has added pause and/or resume to it when you run them.

Frank
Attachments
mgrant.zip
try this out.
(33.75 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shop-Made Router

Post by JoeM »

I didn't see any pauses. It looks like normal code and nothing should be telling it to stop and take a break. Perhaps you should go back to the company who sold it to you and ask their advice - it may be something in your configuration. Here's what the .tap file looks like to me.

(bunch of stuff in parentheses - all comments, means nothing to the machine because the machine doesn't read the comments.)
G90 (Absolute distance mode (everything measured from one start point))
G20 (inches please, none of that metric hooey here.)
F60.0 (feedrate 60ipm)
G64 P.01 (go as fast as the machine can go without self destructing, but still keep all cuts at a tolerance of .01 inches)
S 2000 (set spindle speed 2000)
M3 (spindle clockwise)
G0 Z0.1000 (rapid move to .1" above the start point)
F60.0 (feedrate 60ipm)
G00 X0.8112 Y2.2249 Z0.1000 (rapid move to this location)
F20.0 (slow down feedrate to 20ipm)
G1 X0.8112 Y2.2249 Z-0.0500 (lower the bit down, here we go.....)
F60.0 (feedrate back up to 60ipm)
G01 X0.8112 Y2.8277 Z-0.0500 (coordinated move to this location)
F60.0
G00 X0.8112 Y2.8277 Z0.1000 (rapid move to here)
(whole lot of the same)
G00 Z0.1000 (move the bit up to .1 above the surface)
G00 X0.0000 Y0.0000 (move as fast as you can back to the start point)
M02 (end the program)

mgrant

Post by mgrant »

It is doing exactly the same thing it did before. Can you elaborate on the configuration idea? The first time I tried to contact the manufacturer they redirected me to the tutorials. I would like to be as specific as possible when I contact them again. Thank you

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by JoeM »

Short answer: It's not the v-carve software that's causing the problem.

Long answer: Sorry, I don't have a piranha. I have no idea how it is configured. But you say your machine is pausing. There is nothing in that file to make it pause.

I don't know what you want to know to tell the company. It seems pretty clear to me. If it was me on the phone it would be a 15 second conversation:
"Hi. I bought an expensive machine from you. It doesn't work correctly. I'm running code created with your post processor and that code has no pauses. But the machine keeps pausing.
Please diagnose/fix it or send me a prepaid return label so I can get my money back and buy something else. "

Frank in an earlier reply offered to help you offline. He's got a different machine from the same maker but if the controls are similar then he might have some good insight for you.
Good luck!

Ms Wolffie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Blue Elephant 1325, Shark HD Pro

Post by Ms Wolffie »

JoeM wrote:

(bunch of stuff in parentheses - all comments, means nothing to the machine because the machine doesn't read the comments.)
G90 (Absolute distance mode (everything measured from one start point))
G20 (inches please, none of that metric hooey here.)
F60.0 (feedrate 60ipm)
G64 P.01 (go as fast as the machine can go without self destructing, but still keep all cuts at a tolerance of .01 inches)
S 2000 (set spindle speed 2000)
M3 (spindle clockwise)
G0 Z0.1000 (rapid move to .1" above the start point)
F60.0 (feedrate 60ipm)
G00 X0.8112 Y2.2249 Z0.1000 (rapid move to this location)
F20.0 (slow down feedrate to 20ipm)
G1 X0.8112 Y2.2249 Z-0.0500 (lower the bit down, here we go.....)
F60.0 (feedrate back up to 60ipm)
G01 X0.8112 Y2.8277 Z-0.0500 (coordinated move to this location)
F60.0
G00 X0.8112 Y2.8277 Z0.1000 (rapid move to here)
(whole lot of the same)
G00 Z0.1000 (move the bit up to .1 above the surface)
G00 X0.0000 Y0.0000 (move as fast as you can back to the start point)
M02 (end the program)
I love those comments, Joe
I am finally starting to understand G code.
Thank you, thank you for your humour :D
Cheers
Wolffie

Whatshammacallit
Cut3D, VCarvePro 6.5, Aspire4, PhotoVCarve, Corel Graphics Suite X6

SamPris

Post by SamPris »

mgrant wrote:It is doing exactly the same thing it did before. Can you elaborate on the configuration idea? The first time I tried to contact the manufacturer they redirected me to the tutorials. I would like to be as specific as possible when I contact them again. Thank you
If you have posted the tap file or zip file I cannot find it on here. I made that small file for you to try.

The mgrant.zip was meant for you to try out on your machine.
mgrant.crv you can save the toolpath then compare the tap file you create with the tap files I included. That should give you an idea of where the issue lays.

mgrant.tap
mgrant_shark_arcs_inch.tap

For the record although the tap files above have different post p yet they are identical in gcode structure.

Frank

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by JoeM »

great, looks like I got all confused and screwed up. Sorry if the .tap file I looked at wasn't from the OP, mgrant. It was an attachment from someone else and it was named mgrant? That's like a mechanic diagnosing your pickup truck by listening to the sounds your vespa scooter is making. Of course that does nothing to diagnose the original problem because we still haven't seen a file from that computer. So as not to further muddy the waters I'll just bow out now.

But if the OP can't find a way to post his file (change the extension to .txt, zip it, ????) he/she may try going through it line by line themselves. There are a lot of places on the net with g-code tutorials. It doesn't take much to pick it up and once you get in a rhythm you can look at a very big file rather quickly - just ignore comment lines, G1 are the cutting moves, G0 are rapid moves usually at start/end and when the bit is lifted up above the surface.

Here's one place to start:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode.html

SamPris

Post by SamPris »

Joe;

Sorry for the confusion the user we are trying to help leaves no name other than mgrant, hence the mgrant.zip. Reason for even trying it this way was for him/her to take the vcarve file and save the toolpath then compare it to the ones I made. At least it would give an idea where or what the issue is.

Frank

mgrant

Post by mgrant »

Just and update to those of you who have been trying to help me. I just packaged up the "brains" of this unit and sent it back to them at their request...and the saga continues. Once again, thank you for the help. I will post a follow-up to let you know how things work out. The help desk person was in fact very helpful, I can't complain about them at all.

mgrant

Post by mgrant »

Sorry I did not read the most recent posts before I replied. I have never used a forum before and was unaware of a way to leave my contact information within any "rules" that apply to this type of site. I communicate best via email and my address is wrestleohs@hotmail.com. I worked hard to try all of the suggestions everyone posted, I may not have communicated that very well. Thanks again,
Mark