Constant Resume issue

mgrant
Model of CNC Machine: piranha fx

Constant Resume issue

Post by mgrant »

I am just learning how to use the Pirahna FX. I chose to start with simple text created in VCarve but when I hit run I need to hit resume after what is possibly every tool path completion. I looked at the G codes but I guess I do not understand what I am looking at. Any suggestions?

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shop-Made Router

Re: Constant Resume issue

Post by JoeM »

Are you using the same tool for each toolpath? What post processor are you using? Can you post the .crv file?
It sounds like it's completing a toolpath and then waiting for a tool change before moving on to the next one.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Sounds like you are outputting them all as one toolpath but using an automatic tool change post processor. Best thing really is to go back to square one & work your way through the tutorials one by one starting at the beginning. Don't just watch each one & then move on, actaully work your way through them using the provided tutorial files. That will give you a very good understanding & a solid foundation to move forward from.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Good for a smile during first cuppa Wolffie :)
Grit my teeth every time my Mom visits and says;
"I LOVE how smart that machine is!"
GRRRR:)
scott
Yup, just look at a piece of wood/imagine what you want/press start/hand to customer :D
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

mgrant

Post by mgrant »

Thank you for the feedback. I am not well versed in this type of stuff but thought I would try something new. Maybe watching the videos a few times will allow all of this to sink in. I will take the suggestion of actually working through them as I am guilty of watching them all and thinking that it just does not look that hard while scratching my head in confusion. I really do appreciate the constructive feedback, thanks again.

mgrant

Post by mgrant »

Joe,
I went back through the tutorial and worked along with it. I can only save it as a .tap file and all seemed well. I started the program and it did the exact same thing to me. I set up my job exactly like the tutorial so it must be in the post processor?? Any thoughts?
Thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Which Post Processor are you choosing?

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by JoeM »

What post processor are you using?

SamPris
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD 2.0

Post by SamPris »

mgrant wrote:Joe,
I went back through the tutorial and worked along with it. I can only save it as a .tap file and all seemed well. I started the program and it did the exact same thing to me. I set up my job exactly like the tutorial so it must be in the post processor?? Any thoughts?
Thanks
Did you get the issue resolved? If not feel free to pm and maybe we can work out the kinks.
Post Processor for the Piranha:
CNC-Piranha-USB Arcs(inch)(*.tap) VC Pro carving etc..
CNC-Piranha 3D Contour(inch)(*.tap) I believe used for 3D printing.

Same if using mm just change inch to mm above.

Good luck
Frank

mgrant

Post by mgrant »

CNCPiranha-Arc(inch)(*.tap) is the post processor. I literally followed the tutorial step by step and the sequence began making sense to me, so I thought. I have the router they suggested, an engineer helped me set it up the day I got it. I still firmly believe it is something I am missing but I have spent a lot of time trying to make the connection and I still eludes me. I apologize for any lack of information I am not giving and really appreciate the feedback.

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by JoeM »

I tried saving one of my projects with that pp. It doesn't support tool changes, and when I saved one with 3 toolpaths all with the same tool there weren't any pauses or breaks of any kind. It might be some configuration you've got on your machine. Have you opened the .tap file in a notepad and gone through it to see where all the stops are occuring?

mgrant

Post by mgrant »

Are they represented by F0? I tried to delete them and resave the file and the post processor will not read it.

mgrant

Post by mgrant »

Also, I used all the same tool and saved it all as one file.

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by JoeM »

It would be easier if you just posted the .tap file.

F is feedrate. It should match whatever value you gave that particular tool in the tool database in v-carve.

mgrant

Post by mgrant »

I think this is one that I did not try to modify. I hope this is what you are looking for. Again, I can't thank you enough for your help.