Bread Bin

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
fwanek
Model of CNC Machine: Velox 3' X 3'

Bread Bin

Post by fwanek »

Hello all:

I'm new to the CNC world, but Picking it up as I go, and having fun doing it. Of particular interest to me are the monthly projects offered up by Michael Tyler. I've already worked through several of them - the latest being one that he did in Feb. 2013. (Breadbin) He suggested this was one that could be modified - and so I did. My goal was to add a second layer providing for some pastries, cookies, etc. I simply stretched the height to add another 4". (ID) My box ended up as 16.5W X 12.5D X 12.5H.

One other modification was to use steel pins in the bottom door. I was thinking in terms of any wear issues that may result from wood dowels. These pins were of the type that are threaded on the inside, so I can simply install a screw and remove them, if need be, making the door removable. I also used some European Hinges on the top door, and installed them back-words. (pocket on the top of the box instead of the door panel) This way the entire hinge is out of the way and won't hinder storing/removal of any project.

I carved a couple of cupcakes into the top door to denote pastries. This project was a lot of fun. Hats off to Michael for a great job

I'm not familiar with this forum or its expectations, so let me know how this first attempt strikes you.

Best Regards
Frank
Attachments
DSCN1063.JPG
DSCN1062.JPG
DSCN1064.JPG

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Re: Bread Bin

Post by Savannahdan »

Frank:
Very nice. Are you on a diet? There are only 2 packages of cookies. Ha.
Also, I picked up some of the Lee Valley hinge pins and am anxious to try them.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Looks Great - keep up the great work
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Frank,

I just now saw your project. Great job! Thank you for sharing the photos and details. The modifications and improvements you made are quite impressive and useful! I'm so glad to know you are enjoying the projects. (Thank you for your kind words, as well.)
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

mikeacg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger, Sidewinder, SB 4x4

Post by mikeacg »

Frank,

Welcome to the CNC world! That is a very nice adaptation of Michael's project! I think you'll do just fine!!!

"wear issues"? How many cookies are you eating? Maybe you need to design a tube dispenser? I'll bet you could modify one of these babies!
dixiecup.jpg
Mike :shock: