Monograms

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
bill_w
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PRSalpha BT48

Re: Monograms

Post by bill_w »

Very nice, well done
Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

AndyMS
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Omni 1325

Post by AndyMS »

I am starting to try to cut a few monograms. At first, I was just using the weld tool to mesh all the letters together. Only after I cut, did I notice some of the fine tips and edges had been clipped off where it overlapped another letter. It's hard to even see, but if I notice, that is all that matters. I've since discovered the scissor tool and will be using that from now on.

I am finding it difficult to do these really thin fonts that don't leave a lot of meat left over. I did one the other day that was about 24" square with an H in the middle. the crossbar on the H was only about 1/8" wide and made the whole thing pretty flimsy. Is dragging the vector nodes to make it a bit wider the best solution? Going with the bold-type loses all the detail. Something in the middle would be great.

ronnierozier2
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Avid PRO4896

Post by ronnierozier2 »

AngelicDiablo wrote:Hello Vectric forum, long time no see. Here's a couple of monograms I made this morning. -AD :twisted:

I live in Mississippi and monograms has been about 90% of my business for the last year. i hae 6 different monogram designs that I use. the ladies down here in the south cant get enough of this type of stuff

gordread
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Professor HDX

Post by gordread »

These look really nice. Can you guys post some pics of them 'installed' in their final locations? Are these just used for wall hangings?

Gordon

ronnierozier2
Vectric Apprentice

Post by ronnierozier2 »

gordread wrote:These look really nice. Can you guys post some pics of them 'installed' in their final locations? Are these just used for wall hangings?

Gordon
This is one I did a day ago. i use the vine monogram font from harolds fonts. it is much cleaner than the free monogram KK fonts.

when out my site for a lot more pictures www.deltacnc.us
Attachments
FullSizeRender(4).jpg

glenninvb
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuild / VCP 8.0

Post by glenninvb »

ronnierozier2 wrote:
gordread wrote:These look really nice. Can you guys post some pics of them 'installed' in their final locations? Are these just used for wall hangings?

Gordon
This is one I did a day ago. i use the vine monogram font from harolds fonts. it is much cleaner than the free monogram KK fonts.

when out my site for a lot more pictures http://www.deltacnc.us
Nice work, like your web-site........ neat coolers, great idea!
What was the Delta Waterfowl sign cut out of ? ...... Old skiff or siding?......I like it

ronnierozier2
Vectric Apprentice

Post by ronnierozier2 »

glenninvb wrote:
ronnierozier2 wrote:

Gordon

when out my site for a lot more pictures http://www.deltacnc.us
Nice work, like your web-site........ neat coolers, great idea!
What was the Delta Waterfowl sign cut out of ? ...... Old skiff or siding?......I like it

an old wall board i found at an old house.

drrobin
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Handibot

Post by drrobin »

I am very new to the whole cnc idea but would like to do some of the monograms like the pic above. Can you share what your toolpaths and size. When I try to do this (I have the Harold vine font), it cuts away all the material on my preview. Thanks, Robin

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Post by zeeway »

drrobin wrote:I am very new to the whole cnc idea but would like to do some of the monograms like the pic above. Can you share what your toolpaths and size. When I try to do this (I have the Harold vine font), it cuts away all the material on my preview. Thanks, Robin
Check your vectors very carefully to make sure you have closed shapes where you need closed shapes. Convert your monogram to curves and go into node edit mode. You will likely have to clean up some of the places where the font crosses over on itself.

Angie

drrobin
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Handibot

Post by drrobin »

I tired to trim the overlapss as you said then used the profile tool to cut. It cuts away my initials. I'm sure it's something very simple I'm not doing. What type cutting tool do you use? Since I don't have any experience, not sure what is appropriate and that may be my problem. How 'small' of monogram can you make? Thanks for your help!! Robin

zeeway
Vectric Wizard

Post by zeeway »

The monograms I have done are rather large (12 inch by 12 inch to 30 by 30 inch.). I used a 1/4 inch endmill to cut them out. If you are seeing the entire piece of material wiped out in the preview, then clearly the vectors have an issue. I would recommend you do some test toolpaths. Delete all your old toopaths, and then highlight just one part of your vectors at a time, and do a test toolpath, then a preview to find the offending vectors.

Angie

ps - you are using a profile toolpath, right?

zeeway
Vectric Wizard

Post by zeeway »

And...if you can post your file on this forum, someone will pop up to solve the issue.

Angie

buck4
Vectric Craftsman

Post by buck4 »

Looks like we are using the same fonts, I have found that sometimes the the letter has to be put on a bit of an angle to make contact. Also I have node edited all the letters I have used so far, to correct crop circles and too smooth out some curves.
These are approx 22.5" w x 14" tall
Attachments
IMG_0221.JPG

Ms Wolffie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Blue Elephant 1325, Shark HD Pro

Post by Ms Wolffie »

I have never seen monograms done before :oops:
How do you position the letters?
First, Last, Middle?
That would make the last initial sit on top of the first and the middle.
Am I right?
What if you don't have a middle name?
Cheers
Wolffie

Whatshammacallit
Cut3D, VCarvePro 6.5, Aspire4, PhotoVCarve, Corel Graphics Suite X6

zeeway
Vectric Wizard

Post by zeeway »

Last name (surname) is middle initial. If it is the monogram for a couple, you would put the man's first initial first (of course...), then the surname initial and then the first initial of the woman.

Angie