Aluminum Plaque

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
laconcepts
Vectric Craftsman

Aluminum Plaque

Post by laconcepts »

I decided to post the aluminum plaque since it will be a bit different in the end compared to my
previous ones.
It is machine from 1/2" 7075 T6.. V Carving was done with a onsrud 1/4" X 60 deg and a
Hersaf 90 deg. Machined on a Fadal 4020 with 30 position tool changer and flood coolant.
In the end it will be inlaid 50% into a piece of Walnut with the same outside shape.
It will leave apprx 1-1/2" frame around the aluminum. 4 challenge coins will be inlaid into the
round pockets.
I would generally use Aspire's awesome inlay toolpath, but I gave the vector offset method
they discussed during the user group a shot.. yup I remember.....OUT-IN---IN-OUT.. Works great
and allowed the chamfer to follow the radius vs the inlay toolpath.
Stay tuned, I will post some pics after I glass media blast and regrain the surface prior to
painting.

Kelly
Attachments
rose1.jpg
rose2.jpg
rose3.jpg
rose4.jpg
Dyna CNC Plasma/Router
USAF-- Fadal 4020, Shopbot PRT 4X8

mikeacg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger, Sidewinder, SB 4x4

Re: Aluminum Plaque

Post by mikeacg »

Thanks for sharing this Kelly! I look forward to seeing it done!

I used to run machines like that but I made car spindles. Nothing fun like this!

Mike :)

laconcepts
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Aluminum Plaque

Post by laconcepts »

Thanks Mike. As im sure you know now.. its fun to get away from the industrial side when you can and make something more creative.
I enjoy the aircraft(Air Force) and tooling side of things but you get to have a little fun with projects like this. I dont get too much time to do things like this but I enjoy it when I can.

Kelly
Dyna CNC Plasma/Router
USAF-- Fadal 4020, Shopbot PRT 4X8