Aspire camp 2014 in action

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Re: Aspire camp 2014 in action

Post by JamesB »

Just a quick note today to say thanks to Jim for a great meeting this year, I think it may have been the best yet.

Thanks also to Michael Tyler and Tim Merrill for their as normal excellent presentations and to Michael Mezalick for his Vectric debut which was very interesting and inspirational. Other debutantes included Beki and Sara from Vectric. They did a really good job with their demonstrations (particularly for their first times in this situation) and I am sure it was a relief for everyone in the audience to get a break from me for a change!

I did take a bunch of pictures which I will post tomorrow when the fog of jet-lag starts to lift.

One other bit of unfinished business was Andrew Colholic's bench shape that he asked me about. Below is an image of version 2. Andrew if you read this drop me an email to jamesb@vectric.com so I can discuss it with you and get the files over to you, I tried emailing you but the address I have bounced so I guess its old (it is from over a year ago).

Cheers,
James
Attachments
Andrews_Bench.jpg

ajcoholic
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Buddy Alpha48

Post by ajcoholic »

James you nailed it!

Would live to know the technique. I was already using new ideas learned at the camp last evening while working on some new files.

My email did change, the new one is on the new business card I gave you but it is ajcoholic at icloud dot com

Much thanks! Maybe see you in Atlanta. Lesley says I should go without her but well see. You know all about kids and babies. Don't want to leave too close to the event!

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Andrew - I have sent you an email. Sorry I forgot about the business card - its in amongst my notes which are still to be worked through.

Below are some photos from the meeting and a few more following that in the next post.

Cheers,
James
Attachments
McGrew1.JPG
McGrew2.JPG
McGrew3.JPG
McGrew4.JPG
McGrew5.JPG
McGrew6.JPG
McGrew7.JPG

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Some more photos...
Attachments
McGrew8.JPG
McGrew9.JPG
McGrew10.JPG
McGrew11.JPG
McGrew12.JPG
McGrew13.JPG

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

My thanks also to Jim McGrew, James Booth and all who were involved with the camp.
It was a unique pleasure to share my world with the Vectric family.
I can guarantee that there will be many more “interesting” item coming from us using the Vectric software..

Stay Tuned.

Best regards,
Michael

PS My Darth Vader voice is returning to normal...LOL
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

Impact Image
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster

Post by Impact Image »

JamesB wrote:Just a quick note today to say thanks to Jim for a great meeting this year, I think it may have been the best yet.

Thanks also to Michael Tyler and Tim Merrill for their as normal excellent presentations and to Michael Mezalick for his Vectric debut which was very interesting and inspirational. Other debutantes included Beki and Sara from Vectric. They did a really good job with their demonstrations (particularly for their first times in this situation) and I am sure it was a relief for everyone in the audience to get a break from me for a change!

I did take a bunch of pictures which I will post tomorrow when the fog of jet-lag starts to lift.

One other bit of unfinished business was Andrew Colholic's bench shape that he asked me about. Below is an image of version 2. Andrew if you read this drop me an email to jamesb@vectric.com so I can discuss it with you and get the files over to you, I tried emailing you but the address I have bounced so I guess its old (it is from over a year ago).

Cheers,
James
Hi James,

Please don't forget you were going to get the two sided bowl tutorial up for hose of us that were....ummm...under the weather for the first part of Saturday morning.

Thanks again for the camp.

Jeff

Gene Rhodes

Post by Gene Rhodes »

has anyone done anything with the hand held scanner that was at the camp ? I would like some info on it if possible . Thank you

ajcoholic
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Buddy Alpha48

Post by ajcoholic »

Gene Rhodes wrote:has anyone done anything with the hand held scanner that was at the camp ? I would like some info on it if possible . Thank you
Gene,
I just ordered one today. They say 3 weeks or so delivery... but I have need for it immediately. Ill let you know how it goes for furniture parts.

AJC

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Jeff, please email me at JamesB@vectric.com so I can sort out the file for you.

Regards
James

Speedy
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster sr-44

Post by Speedy »

I'm looking for the 2 sided bowl information too.
I was at McGrews too but I got distracted watching James play with the scanner

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Please also drop me an email to the above address. Thanks
James