machining error

wood400
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 7090 cnc router

machining error

Post by wood400 »

Hi Folks, Good evening, i have just bought aspire which looks absolutely great. i have bought a chinese cnc 7090 router recently have studied the forums for a while prior to making my decision on which software. I think there is a fault with the controller . when running the maple sign on raster the finish toolpath did not complete the top of the of the sign, when i run the toolpath on offset it failed to cut a sharp line along the top of the banner and left a step in the bottom of the banner. THIS EVENING I STARTED TO RERUN the finish toolpath and after switching on the cnc i homed the machine and hit the origon button which moved the router to the origon point. when i started to run the file the cutter entered the wood about 10mm/3/8 inch down the y axis from where it should have.
Would anyone be kind enough to give me some direction.
Thanks alan :( :( :( :(
Attachments
IMAG0009.JPG

wood400
Vectric Apprentice

Re: machining error

Post by wood400 »

HI Folks , i am from Portrush Northern Ireland. Just to let you know i stopped the machining when i seen it was not cutting to the edge of the banner. here is another picture
cheers alan
Attachments
IMAG0003.JPG

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

Is the controller Mach 3 and can you post the file?

wood400
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wood400 »

Hi, the controller is a dsp 0501 from rich nc , Vectric are now looking at the file,
Is anyone else running on a richnn dsp.
Thanks alan

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

My CNC router is using Mach 3, but I just bought a CNC Plasma Cutter with the DSP Controller, which sucks by the way. The thing about buying from the Chinese is they will sell you the machine with absolutely zero instructions. You have to ask a question in a specific way, or you won't get the correct answer. (One question I ask 5-times, 5 different ways, then finally got the answer). I found that I should control everything though the software, rather than the controller. After several days of trail and error, I'm finally able to get it to cut my pattern.

Sorry I couldn't help with your problem. Gary

wood400
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wood400 »

Hi Gary, I was not sure if i was allowed by vectric to upload the file as it was the sign that came along with the software, i am sure they will get back to me shortly, just this evening with a bit of support from a friend i disussed some thoughts. I have confirmed that the machine table perameters are exact ,no slack so i have decided to reset the mechanical switch in 25mm and reduce the y axis to 1150mm and the same with the x axis to 650. At the minute i still need to learn how to delay the movement of the spindle reading the controller download very carefully . to get around this i was sending the spindle up or down the table away from the origon point and i think this may have been causing some of the problem , although i don,t think this had anything to do with the missing cut in the models. I have went though the sequence of resetting the pulse and have obtained excellent accuracy with the repositioning cutter into the origon point every time. Prior to adjusting i was obtaing errors about 1mm in most cases.
thanking you for your kind help.
Alan. oh is your dsp a richnc model.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

oh is your dsp a richnc model.
Alan, I don't know, there's no labels. They also told me the software was Ucancam, which it's not. It is ArtEngrave10. Some of the icons are in Chinese and the help is in Italian. I don't know if the salesperson is dumber than a rock, or they don't know their product.

I had a problem similar to yours when I first got my CNC router, and it turned out I was saving it to the wrong post processor. Once I corrected that, everything worked fine.

wood400
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wood400 »

Hi Gary, This is new ground from using a hammer and a saw but progress is being made, both very exiting and very frustrating, with your first cnc how where you able to identify the correct post processor.
Thank you
alan

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Moved from Aspire section to here as hardware rather than Vectric software related.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

Alan, using Mach 3, I save to G Code (mm) (*.tap), however is I use the rotary indexer, I need to save it to Mach 2/3-WrapY2A(mm)(*.txt). When I changed it back, I mistaken changed it to to the wrong one, that caused problems similar to what you're experiencing. I'm not sure what processor you need, whether it's NC Studio or the genetic G Code. I would email the company you bought it from and ask them what Post Processor you should save to.

wood400
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wood400 »

HI Gary, I have emailed the company that sold the machine and company that makes the controller and explained what was happening , i have received a message to say it is new year in China, so here is hoping. i am trying a new thread to confirm if anyone is using the 0501 and aspire .
Thanks alan