Is this posible?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
joeporter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot Buddy Standard

Is this posible?

Post by joeporter »

I am working on a mantle clock and this is the clockface. I was planning on carving each of the designs and painting different colors in each of the different segments. Then I got the idea of just printing my design on some heavy paper and using that on a backer board for the clockface. I want to be able to copy and paste or export the vectors to a suitable program that will let me use the coloring tools to do the painting and them send on to my printer. All I have is the Windows Office programs and a program called "Paint". "Paint" says it needs a bitmap to operate. Is this possible with what I have? Thanks for any help you all can give. joe
Attachments
Dial Board.crv3d
(483.5 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Is this posible?

Post by Adrian »

You could colour it using Aspire. Apply toolpath colours to the parts that you want and then go to the View menu and click Saved Shaded Image to create a bitmap you can print with Paint or set the material to white and print it directly using the Aspire print function.

Other than that the best way would be to export the vectors as EPS and use a vector graphics program such as Inkscape (free) to colour it in.

jimwill2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CaMaster Stinger w/recoil, FTC

Post by jimwill2 »

Paint will use a jpg or bmp tiff, etc. You can use paint but what you see is what you'll get... I don't think it will give you a transparent background. I like your design, it would look great v-carved!
Jim Williams

joeporter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot Buddy Standard

Post by joeporter »

Thanks, Adrian and Jim. This is a pretty little clock from an old issue of "WoodWorker's Journal" magazine. That's kind of what I think I will pursue. I will cover the face board with some thick white covering like gesso and then lightly v-carve the design and try to fill in with small brushes. This will definitely give it that "Hand Painted" look......thanks again, joe