v carve pro 7

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
bluridg
Vectric Craftsman

v carve pro 7

Post by bluridg »

haven't seen the improvements in vcve 7 over vcve 6.5. if i missed it, pardon the question. can you guide me to it? ted

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Re: v carve pro 7

Post by fretsman68 »

--------------
Dave

Eddiem
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Romaxx WD-1 and cuttom built 24x48 CNC

Post by Eddiem »

I hope they add a Align to guide line feature

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

I hope they add a Align to guide line feature
If you mean the ability to Snap to a guide line that feature already exists. Press F4 and be sure Snap to Guides is checked.

Tim

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

Any news on the official release date yet?

kono0014
Model of CNC Machine: KRMx02

Post by kono0014 »

I keep hitting the check for updates option in VCarve hoping for that magical thing to happen.

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard

Post by 4DThinker »

Given that this month is nearly over, I thought I'd bump this thread. Monday will be next month Not sure how much the Vectric staff likes to work on weekends. Much expecting 7.0 today....

4D

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

Given that this month is nearly over, I thought I'd bump this thread. Monday will be next month Not sure how much the Vectric staff likes to work on weekends. Much expecting 7.0 today....
Wow, in my opinion that is easily one of the most disrespectful and selfish posts that has ever been made on this forum and against a company that has treated us and the CNC community so well.

Both today, Friday, and Monday are observed holidays in the UK and I hope all the Vectric staff are spending much deserved time with family and friends.

Tim

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard

Post by 4DThinker »

tmerrill wrote:
Wow, in my opinion that is easily one of the most disrespectful and selfish posts that has ever been made on this forum and against a company that has treated us and the CNC community so well.

Both today, Friday, and Monday are observed holidays in the UK and I hope all the Vectric staff are spending much deserved time with family and friends.

Tim
You are welcome to your sensitivities, Tim. I mean no disrespect to anyone, and living in the states had no idea this was a holiday in the U.K. It was posts from Vectric themselves that planted in my mind an expectation for the 7.0 update in the 1st quarter. I'm not mad or upset if it's not ready, and I love the support and improvements In Vcarve I've seen so far. Their release and promotion of the new Aspire version was what made me aware that a Vcarve Pro update was coming too. Next Wave Automation has had a 4th axis add-on in development for the CNC Shark family line, and they too have been "suggesting" that it would show up (now) when 7.0 shows up to include support for that 4th axis lathe.

4D

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello David,

We mentioned in the pre-release announcement that we would hopefully release before the end of March.
I am afraid that we will not be releasing version 7.0 over the Easter weekend, but we do hope to release very soon.
So watch this space...

Cheers,

Mark.

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard

Post by 4DThinker »

Mark wrote:... we do hope to release very soon.
So watch this space...

Cheers,

Mark.
Thanks Mark. Watching with great anticipation. :)

Ms Wolffie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Blue Elephant 1325, Shark HD Pro

Post by Ms Wolffie »

Being a Shark owner makes you used to procrastinations and, unfortunately, one can become cynical and carry it over the people who do not deserve cynicism but that is human nature.
Cheers
Wolffie
Cheers
Wolffie

Whatshammacallit
Cut3D, VCarvePro 6.5, Aspire4, PhotoVCarve, Corel Graphics Suite X6

Eddiem
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Eddiem »

Please add a selection mode arrow tool to the right side of the screen menu.

I am always stuck on the wrong tool and have to go back to the left side and pick the main selection tool.

I am in no rush for a upgrade take your time and add in a lot of new features.

Would love to see a better version of the distort tool more like what other programs do so you can blote out text and skue it and so on more easy.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Not sure what you mean by being stuck in the wrong tool. Pressing ESC gets you out of most things.

What don't you like about the distort tool? I thought it was a very easy to use tool. :?

Eddiem
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Eddiem »

I would like to be able to do text effects very easy like in Photo Shop and other image editing programs that work with text things like in the image i posted here.

In Photo Shop you do not even need to fit to a curve you can just use a slider and move the text as you wish and change it at any time.

I would love to be able to design and edit everything i am working on all 100% in V Carve and not have to use other programs to do some things that V Carve can not do or V Carve makes it not so easy to do.
I have been using editing programs for over 30 years and i find V Carve to do things very strange and not so easy as most other editing programs.
Attachments
TEXTfx.jpg