Xxray wrote:Did this 3 color painted plexi Red Wings design the other day, turned out pretty nice. Looks a little ragged in high res, better with the naked eye. 1st one shows it in room light, 2nd one edge lit ,,, I just used regular white led's for this one, didn't think multi color would be too appealing with the paint.
Did have some of the red bleeding through the white, I used 2 thick coats of white to start so I didn't think this would happen. Next time, I'll use 2 coats, then clear coat over that before applying another color. Probably should have made the fonts a little larger as well.
This is 8x6 with .5 plexi, etch came out great, if I do another one it will be 10x8.
Xxray wrote:Logo is flipped then engraved in the reverse.
The process I used was:
* Spray paint one side white [2 coats]
* Etch the design on the white side
* Black logo outline painted by hand
* Tape over letters, and spray paint logo red
* Once dry, tape removed, and letters spray painted black
* Once dry, I painted the whole thing white again to give it a uniform look
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests