Problem with VCarve Pro Software?

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
xiguatou
Model of CNC Machine: SHARK HD5

Problem with VCarve Pro Software?

Post by xiguatou »

Today I tried to work with mu VCarve Pro ver 6.503. The program has been working fine, yet today I experienced some problem.

When the program is open and I try to click on any of the Menu buttons, the program closes! If i push FILE, GADGETS or HELP, the results are the same---the program shuts down.

Any advise would be welcome.

Thank you
Slicric

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: PROBLEM WITH VCarve Pro Software?

Post by Leo »

Reboot computer and try again
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

xiguatou

Post by xiguatou »

I have done the reboot things 2 times now
Slicric

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Post by Bob Reda »

Just went through that. It is something to do with your anti virus software. In my case it was the Constant Guard that comes with comcast norton. I just shut it off and it worked fine. Must of been in one of their upgrades.

Bob

xiguatou

Post by xiguatou »

Interesting, I also have the Comcast anti virus. I will go try that now.
Thanks for the input. Will get back to you
Slicric

xiguatou

Post by xiguatou »

Bob, it did not work. I have the program loaded on my desk top in the house and it is working fine. You think I can take the VCarve file folder and copy it to my laptop?
Slicric

signmarketingman
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Professional done home built.

Post by signmarketingman »

norton is notorious for causing pain on PC computers.. You have to remove it completely 100% to rid a machine of its problems. Some have to download the norton cleaner from norton site to get it all.

jimwill2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CaMaster Stinger w/recoil, FTC

Post by jimwill2 »

I have been using Norton without issue for several years. Are you having trouble with VCP on a second computer? You can run it on multiple computers but you need to contact Vectric to get the install code. It won't work unless you get a new code.
Jim Williams

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard

Post by Bob Reda »

I had just started experiencing that problem recently and have norton on my pc for several years. I just happened to see a dialog box pop up saying it (aspire for me) was unsafe and it shut it down. Same thing, any menu button would shut it down. I just shut off the constant guard and it worked fine. I guess I could have added it to the safe program list also.

Bob

David Warkentin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Panther 4x8

Post by David Warkentin »

I added Vcarve Pro to another computer without any special code except the original one....

xiguatou

Post by xiguatou »

I have VCP on another computer and it is running fine. It also has the Comcast software on it. Not sure what do do. Cannot find VCP program disc so will contact Vectric. Bob, I turned off the norton to no avail so think I should reload the software. Your thoughts?
Slicric

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard

Post by Bob Reda »

I did that, but make sure you backup all your files first and your tools. It won't hurt, you can get all the uopdates at Vectric. However, if it has been running fine for all this time, I think it would be something with the computer. Also, I don't know if you ever heard of the Letterheads, but a microsoft update did something to their stuff and Microsoft had to send out a patch to fix it. I talked with Mark at Vectric about this but he didn't think that would have anything to do with it. I would report this to Mark just so if it starts happening to others he will have a leg up. He will also help you with your problem, it that regard, as long as you have one running don't do anything until you talk with Mark. He'll try and help you through it. I guess re installing is the last resort as I think about it.

Bob

signmarketingman
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Professional done home built.

Re: Problem with VCarve Pro Software?

Post by signmarketingman »

The microsoft update affected only fonts.

xiguatou

Post by xiguatou »

I got an email from Mark today and he mentioned that many people have similar problems and all have Comcast Norton Security Suite Constant Guard. He mentioned a possible Safe File might have a 'hold' on my program. I looked but could not find anything that might help, but I am not a computer guru.

I looked in the Comcast program in the Monthly Report and listed 2 files between the time I last turned the laptop on, the files names I did not recognize.

I have the program on my home computer -its a desk type so not easy to move into shop. Anyway, it is used almost daily with the same Comcast thing, and the VCP works good on it. I use the laptop about once a week and it is the one that gives up---go figure!

Just thought I would keep you posted. Any ideas?

Later
Slicric

xiguatou

Post by xiguatou »

I forgot to mention, I downloaded the VCP trial version, and it did the same thing---closed when I clicked on a menu button.
Slicric