International Sign Association 2006

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

International Sign Association 2006

Post by Tony Mac »

The Vectric Team are exhibiting at the ISA 2006 sign show in Orlando, Florida from 6th - 8th April.

If any of you live in the region or are on holiday, it would be great to see you at the show.

Our Booth No. is 3756

We will be collecting e-mail and answering support calls etc.

Tony

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Quick update on the ISA Show

We had a busy show and met some customers (new and old) for the first time, which was really nice and had a great time in Orlando.

A big Thank you to everyone who helped out on the booth and also to those who shipped samples etc. down.

Here are a couple of photo's of our booth along some of the great pieces cut by you guys.

Thanks again,

The Vectric Team
Attachments
Westley_Court_by_RN.jpg
Another from Randall
(165.84 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
s_by_PN.jpg
Sign from Paul
(229.09 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Swan_by_RN.jpg
Carving from Randall
(118.9 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Thanks_To_Customers.jpg
VCarved
Thank You Note
(80.67 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
ISA_stand_1.jpg
Booth 3
(80.89 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
ISA_stand_2.jpg
Booth 2
(184.87 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
ISA_stand_3.jpg
Booth layout
(204.5 KiB) Downloaded 269 times

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

Tony, Brian,

Your booth looks great, and the display piesces are presented well, a Real Eye grabber. And looks like it was in a great location. Right on the corner, where you had traffic from two directions. For those of us that wasn't able to make it down to the show, In the ISA_stand_1 photo, is that You on the right side and Brian on the left side at the front of the booth? Neither of you look like your VCarve Wizard files.

Looks good guys, I hope your booth did really well and you reap great rewards.

Don
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Don,

I guess we should have a Team Shot although the only one that's close to being suitable is this one of us waiting for a beer.

From left to right - James Booth (Vector Art 3D), Customer Jay from Michigan, Tony and Brian.

Tony
Attachments
ISA_5.jpg
(87.97 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard

Post by RoutnAbout »

Thanks Tony,

Its good to put faces to those avatars..... I see that your still wearing the glasses, while Brian took those long large ears off.

Again the booth looks good..

Don
________
Don

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

That customer from Michigan sure is a good looking guy.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard

Post by RoutnAbout »

My aplogies Jay, I didn't recongnise you with your Harmonica in your shirt pocket.

Don
________
Don

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Nuts, I wish I had thought to take a harmonica with me. I could have played at the booth to attract attention. Well maybe that's not the kind of attention they’d want.

Blues music and CNC, is there any better combination?
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

Tony-I have a question. In the very first picture was the horse carved using Vcarve? How about the ship and the Flor-de-lis below it? This is the kind of things I would like to do with my router. If they were done using Vcarve, any chance of a tutorial?

Jason

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

Ignore my post, I just realized its from vector arts 3d models.

Jason

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Jason,
As you say, the Horse, Ship and Fleur De Lys were from Vector Art 3D models. However we have been working with Vector Art 3D for many months now, and have produced a 3D machining program for them called Vector Art 3D Machinist (VA3D - Machinist). This program will take any of Vector Art 3D's models and allow you to scale, rotate and position them before generating toolpaths for roughing, finishing and possibly a profile cut out pass depending on the model. Like VCarve Wizard, there is a full 3D preview of the toolpaths available before you cut anything along with estimates for machining times etc.

The really unusual part about this collaboration is that Vector Art 3D are distributing the program completely FREE! Also they are giving away two of their models in 3 different styles to allow people to get started and see the quality of the models they offer. If you go to http://www.vectorart3d.com and click on the link to VA3D-Machinist you can fill in your details and be e-mailed a link to the download.

We have received excellent feedback about the usability and functionality of VA3D-Machinist and would encourage anyone who is interested in cutting 3D on their CNC machine to give it a try.

We are also excited to be able to tell everyone that version 3.0 of VCarve Wizard will be able to import the toolpaths from VA3D-Machinist (and PhotoVCarve) and will allow you to combine the 3D toolpaths with 2D and V-Carved elements to create some very exciting products.

Cheers

Brian

Jason Marsha
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Jason Marsha »

Great looking booth guys. Its good to see customers sending their sample signs to be exhibited.

Jason