Whats causing router to plunge outside of graphic?

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

kennyg

Whats causing router to plunge outside of graphic?

Post by kennyg »

Scaling artwork using Shopbot partworks 3d, all looks good. Import into Partworks and running toolpaths, just outside the graphics there are 3 router plunges that occur to the left, top and right of graphic (not seen in partworks 3d. Anyone have any idea whats causing them to show up during the finish toolpath?

Thanks!
Attachments
turkey.gif

andyb
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: MultiCAM, Shopbot PRTAlpha

Re: Whats causing router to plunge outside of graphic?

Post by andyb »

Kenny,
Did you edit the 3d graphic in any way? Make sure there aren't any small/tiny stray components or vectors in the area where the router is plunges. I had the same problem a while back and that was my problem.

Hope this helps.

Andy B.
[b]Oak Branch Manufacturing[/b]
andy@oakbranchmfg.com
678-971-5502
[url]http://www.oakbranchmfg.com[/url]

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Re: Whats causing router to plunge outside of graphic?

Post by JamesB »

Kenny,

this looks like an old problem we used to get with some very early model boudaries and older versions of Cut3D. So it may just require the latest version of PW3D and or a new model to fix it. I am not at my office at the moment but if you want to email me at jab (@) carve3d (d o t) com then I will make sure you have the latest version of the model (although it may be Monday before I can send it) and you should check with ShopBot to ensure you have the latest PW3D. Sorry for the problems.

Thanks,
James