Vector Art 3D and Aspire

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

DVMike

Vector Art 3D and Aspire

Post by DVMike »

I've been using the Aspire software and my Shop Bot PRS Alpha for a year now.
I am making dimensional signs and most are pocketed letters and designs with some very simple V Carve work.
I truly need to take it to the next level with some 3D work in the signage I sell.
I am aware of the vector art 3D designs that can be cut .
My issue is how to properly toolpath these designs to create Shop Bot files.
I would seriously like to get into 3D designing as well ! It would be to my advantage !
I have watched the tutorials over and over and have attempted to follow along somewhat.
But the tutorials are a little vague when it comes to the areas that I want to learn in order to offer
3D signs to my customers. But so far I've had no luck withb the sample 3D clip art that came with Aspire .
At this point I am quite busy , and can't spend days trying to figure out what needs to be done.
Is there any help, or step by step "get your feet wet" materials available?

Thanks for any help I can get !

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Vector Art 3D and Aspire

Post by Adrian »

The machining videos in the tutorials in section 13 that came with Aspire should tell you what you need to know.

They show machining models made in Aspire rather than VectorArt 3D models but once a model is a component it's irrelevant where it came from as far as machining goes.

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Re: Vector Art 3D and Aspire

Post by gravirozo »

hi mike

for vectorart 3d models allyou need is a controlsoftware with a cnc router... i could say, 99.99 percent of router will cut any of vectorart model.. if you would not have ANY program, still with free machinist from vectorart3d you can generate toolpath...
the free machinist can also scale alltogether the model, or even distort on the three axis differently..

since you have aspire, you got everything...
with aspire you already not only cut , but even you can modify them or create new ones pending of your expertise...

viktor