Grape relief needed

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

ilsaarin
Vectric Craftsman

Grape relief needed

Post by ilsaarin »

Hello

I need quite simple grape relief. The one seen in Aspire tutorial at Vectric web pages would be nice. I looked at Vector Art models also but they are too complicated. Does anyone know from where I can find a simple grape relief? I only have Cut 3D so I can not make one.

Ilkka

DanielBEE
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: n/a

Re: Grape relief needed

Post by DanielBEE »

Have you contacted Vector Art 3D about a custom quote? If you want a simple grape relief without all the jaz, I'm sure they already have something like it in their library (since they needed to make it to make their jazzing grape patterns) it may not cost very much.
Aspire 2.0
Biesse Rover A 3.30
Biessworks
PC/Mac Draft
AutoCad
AutoDesk Inventor
Trumpf

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hello ilkka

on the vectorart website several grapemodel...... in the grape corners, grape wine partially you can find "simple" grape as you need.... while i had only cut2d, i succesfully separated part with dxfoutput....

by copyright no one can give you model... but you can buy same model like someone have and that persone might "cut" you off the part.... but basically both of you need to buy same model...
after the part cutted off, still the gopyright works on part too...

thanks
viktor

bevins
Vectric Craftsman

Post by bevins »

gravirozo wrote:hello ilkka

on the vectorart website several grapemodel...... in the grape corners, grape wine partially you can find "simple" grape as you need.... while i had only cut2d, i succesfully separated part with dxfoutput....

by copyright no one can give you model... but you can buy same model like someone have and that persone might "cut" you off the part.... but basically both of you need to buy same model...
after the part cutted off, still the gopyright works on part too...

thanks
viktor
HUH? Are you saying I can't cut a model and sell the cut part to someone that hasn't purchased the model?

Thats not what I read in the license.

Can someone please clarify?

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

but basically both of you need to buy same model...

did you read this? you copied in your post... would you so kind to meaning it?

GripUs
Vectric Wizard

Post by GripUs »

Hi Bevins,
It is my understanding that, once you purchase the 3D model (license), you may cut it and sell/give the product of that cut to someone else. What you can not do is to give/sell the 3D file (all or part) that would enable anyone else to cut a product from it. The file still belongs to James Booth and is copyrighted so he is the only one who can sell or give away the file. What you are actually buying is a license, or James' permission, too use the file to cut 3D products.

Joe
Ham and eggs - Inconvenient for the chicken. A total commitment for the pig.
http://www.gripus.com/

ssflyer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSAlpha 96x60

Post by ssflyer »

I believe Viktor was referring to "cutting" as in removing parts of the model, not actually cutting the part, to supply a simplified model.

Ron
Ron Sloan

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hello

sorry i did not answer... i just forgot about this post...
yes ron, that was on my mind... i know with cut2d i had very limited options... but i had some "getaway"...

so, with aspire everyone has the double grape... if ilkka buy that, then both of them has same model... and with aspire can be cutted, or separated part from the model...
i used in this sample first the free bull, as james boot has presentation on the carolina meeting...

first import model in aspire...
copy in to modelarea
making vector around part(s) of model we don't want to use
clean area inside or outside, pending of, we wish to keep...

the ready part can be exported in stl or compute the toolpath directly in aspire...
but first point, both need to be purchased the same model...

thanks
viktor
Attachments
copy to working model.jpg
vectors for area cleaning.jpg
clean area  inside vectors.jpg
getting vectors with vectorizing.jpg
contur for area clean.jpg
separated leaf.jpg

ssflyer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSAlpha 96x60

Post by ssflyer »

Viktor,

Great explanation - you always make it easy to understand! This exactly what I thought you meant!

That is correct - every part of the model is James' (or VectorArt3D's) copyrighted property - so any use requires the purchase of the whole model...

Ron
Ron Sloan