Vector Art 3D Machinist Options Display

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Jeff Guinn

Vector Art 3D Machinist Options Display

Post by Jeff Guinn »

James,
When I open program the options on left side seem tiled.Each group is partially layered on the one below it.
I'm using 98SE. I tried to email you at several addresses on your site & they were returned undelivered. My email address -rjguinn@optonline.net.
Thanks,
Jeff Guinn

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Hi Jeff, as far as I know email is working fine so not sure why I am not receiving them. I will check with Brian and see if he has any ideas for what is causing your problem. Thanks, James

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi Jeff,

Could you post a screen shot so that we can see what is happening? We have run VA3D Machinist here on Windows 98SE and we haven't seen any problems.

Regards

Brian

Jeff Guinn

Post by Jeff Guinn »

Brian/James,
This is the best I can do.
Thanks,
Jeff

BrianM
Vectric Staff

Post by BrianM »

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting the screen shot. What seems to be happening is that for some reason the logo bitmap saying 'VectorArt 3D Machinist' which should appear once at the top of the screen, is being duplicated many times down the form background. I don't think you are losing any buttons or functionality etc, but it obviously looks very wrong and unattractive!

Is anyone else reading the forum having the same problems on Windows 98SE? Could anyone using Windows98SE post their experience, good or bad please?

Regards

Brian

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Jeff, nice to speak to you earlier - I should have taken your number, sorry. Can you check what version you have of Machinist - go to Help, About Vector Art 3D Machinist. If you do not have version 1.007 then please go to the download on the website http://www.vectorart3d.com/machinist_free and get the latest version - that may take care of the memory issue we talked about. If you do have 1.007 then please let us know? Thanks, James

Jeff Guinn

Post by Jeff Guinn »

James,
I'm using version 1.007. Nice talking with you & thanks for all the info.
Jeff

RichardF
Vectric Craftsman

Post by RichardF »

Hello Brian,
I have the same "problems" running WIN98SE . It's not really a problem, the software runs fine. I think it's more or less a "problem" of the graphic-card (mine is a GeForce 5500 FX) or something in this direction. Similar problems with the screen display appear with other software which I'm using, too. But even the latest drivers didn't solve them.

I am able to work with the software so I accept it

and at all : it's a great program.

Regards,

Richard

BrianM
Vectric Staff

Post by BrianM »

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the feedback - for the next version I will try and do some more extensive testing on Windows98SE and see if we can sort the problem out.

Regards

Brian

Jeff Guinn

Post by Jeff Guinn »

Brian/James,
Thanks for looking into this isolated problem.
Jeff