My VectorArt 3D Design & Carve Series Arrived today!

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

My VectorArt 3D Design & Carve Series Arrived today!

Post by Rcnewcomb »

My VectorArt 3D Design & Carve Series Wildlife Series 1 arrived today! One training video down and a bunch to go.

I already have two fireplace mantle projects I want to try it on. The first one will be done with some recovered redwood. The second, if all goes well, will be in Indiana Limestone.

Both those wont' start until after "Guess the Project" is done.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

GripUs
Vectric Wizard

Re: My VectorArt 3D Design & Carve Series Arrived today!

Post by GripUs »

Randall,
Mine hasn't arrived yet. :(

Since your mantel projects won't start until your "guess the project" project is complete you could let me use your VectorArt 3D Design & Carve Series Wildlife Series 1 until mine gets here.

No, huh?

Well, I tried...

Joe
Ham and eggs - Inconvenient for the chicken. A total commitment for the pig.
http://www.gripus.com/

larrybadgett
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre

Post by larrybadgett »

Looks like a great package for those who have a limited number of designs or starting out. I'm sure the tutorials are of the highest standard and very informative as usuall. However if one already owns all the packages and many designs a great deal of the cost would be for repeating designs one already has. It would be great if a trimed down version could be made available for those how already own many of the designs.
Woodchip
Wud Bi Tek
http://wudbitek.com/

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Larry, its a reasonably point about some of the models being duplicates from other collections or on the site and I will drop you an email regarding what we might be able to do as I know you have a lot of the models already (I have actually been waiting on my web-guys to give me a report showing this type of customer for this reason).

It is worth pointing out though that the most significant part of this product is the tutorials and projects. These are all new or at least show you how to make significant modifications to anything already available. For someone with just the models on the disk there is a lot of benefit but if you own any files over and above what is on the disk then this gives you even more value in using them too. As I say though I will email you today.

Regards,
James

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

The tutorial on creating the "hand carved" style C border shows a method that is much better looking and faster to do than the process I had been using.

Thanks James!
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I ordered mine yesterday. I'm looking forward to sitting down and watching the tutorials and realising how much I still have to learn.

It's good timing as well as I've had quite a few orders for countryside scenes recently and I don't have many trees and birds in my collection at the moment.

GripUs
Vectric Wizard

Post by GripUs »

Mine came Thursday and I was going to post on YouTube a video of me doing the happy Kabuki dance in front of my mailbox...but YouTube said there were just some things even they wouldn't post, and a hairy, old, fat man doing a happy Kabuki dance was one of them.

Anyhow, it was well worth the wait and for those of you who are having a hard time deciding...it would be cheap at twice the price!

Regards,

Joe
Ham and eggs - Inconvenient for the chicken. A total commitment for the pig.
http://www.gripus.com/

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Mine has just arrived. Couldn't be more perfect timing as it's pouring with rain and the workshop is full up with finished furniture awaiting collection this evening.

I'm looking forward to a guilt free afternoon of study!