Submissions

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Scott, I really like the hand mirror. I've been thinking of making one too. Have you found a source for oval mirrors?

MZiegler
Vectric Apprentice

Post by MZiegler »

Here my entry. Mark

m.a.o

Post by m.a.o »

And this is my entry. Hope I'm not too late?!

(This was posted 7:46 pm our time, but I think that would be 12:46 am at Vectric.)
Attachments
Vcarve.jpg
(98.92 KiB) Downloaded 1034 times

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

OK - the prize draw is now closed for entries. We will work through everyone who has entered and do a random draw for the prizes. Expect information on prizewinners in the next couple of days. Thanks to everyone who entered it has been very interesting to see all the ways you have found to use the files and software :) Cheers, James

Scott
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha running Centroid Acorn

Post by Scott »

Phil, sorry I missed your post above. I remember seeing some mirrors of various sizes in some catalogs that I had, but am not sure who it was. I get a fair amount of glass/mirror from a couple of local glass businesses and I would give them a call to see if they can cut some oval mirrors or order some when I need them. I'll dig through my stack a catalogs too. A search on the web gave a lot of already framed oval mirrors, not just the mirror.
Scott

AngelicDiablo
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot BT48 Standard

Post by AngelicDiablo »

Fabulous mirror Scott. I've been working on a round hand mirror. Would you be willing to share the design? There is a good source for mirrors @ www.pennstateind.com -AD
Attachments
handmirror.jpg
(64.8 KiB) Downloaded 968 times
Buckle up... it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car! :-)

Scott
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha running Centroid Acorn

Post by Scott »

Hey AD,

Sorry, I've been busy lately and haven't been keeping up on the forum very much.

Thanks for the compliments on the mirror. Here's the file, but some of the tool settings were just for purposes of getting an entry that looked proper, so you may have to make some adjustments. The size and shape of the mirror body/handle were also just a guestimate.

Yup, PennState, that would be one of the places that I've seen some mirror blanks. Thanks.
Attachments
Hand Mirror.zip
(820.55 KiB) Downloaded 735 times
Scott

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Mirror source

Post by Phil »

I haven't ordered any yet but I found a very inexpensive source for mirrors. http://www.sunshinecrafts.com/search.php

reddog

Re: Submissions

Post by reddog »

were can i find the rope to download and is it free thanks

GripUs
Vectric Wizard

Re: Submissions

Post by GripUs »

Hi reddog,
Go here and in the "Search 3D" box, type "rope." That will bring up all of the ropes available. These models are not free, but considering the quality of James' models, and his low prices, they almost seem free.

Good luck with your project.

Regards,

Joe
Ham and eggs - Inconvenient for the chicken. A total commitment for the pig.
http://www.gripus.com/