Well, sign me up!!!

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Les_linton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ViperX7

Well, sign me up!!!

Post by Les_linton »

Well James, you know I'm allways looking for something free!! :shock:

Where do I sign up??? :lol:

Les

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Les, I am impressed with your response speed - please see sticky for more info :)
http://vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=622
Cheers, James

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

I am in and have begun downloading the new files. Thanks James, Brian and Tony. You guys are the greatest. If you would like to send me a press release I will include it on the front page of our forums.

Colin P F
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Colin P F »

Great stuff James, The tutorial demo's are very informative, I look forward to having a go.

Cheers,

Colin

Paul_n
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PR96

Post by Paul_n »

THANKX !! All !!!! This should really be fun !!

Paul N

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

I might join as well if I can just figure some time within the next month.

3D render wouldn't be accepted, right?! :roll:

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Paco - you are correct all that is needed is a rendered image from VCarve Pro showing the toolpath preview of your design. Of course it would be cool to see pictures of finished parts (and they make good samples to sell the concept to your customers). The prizes will be drawn on all entrants as per the rules so its not a competition (other than for your own pride :) ) so everyone should have a try.

Kimon - thanks for the offer, I will chat with Tony tomorrow and between us we will put something together.

Cheers, James
PS - Copying my examples does not count as an entry :lol:

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

James i needed a eagle for a project I'm working on for myself....Thanks a bundle :D

I will definitely be entering some ideals...

thanks for the videos...it cleared up a few questions I had... :)

Chuck

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

JamesB wrote:Paco - you are correct all that is needed is a rendered image from VCarve Pro showing the toolpath preview of your design. Of course it would be cool to see pictures of finished parts (and they make good samples to sell the concept to your customers). The prizes will be drawn on all entrants as per the rules so its not a competition (other than for your own pride :) ) so everyone should have a try.

Cheers, James
PS - Copying my examples does not count as an entry :lol:
:shock: ... seriously?!

Are those who have REAL finish part any more chance to win?... :twisted:

I'm not sure I understand the real challenge here...? :? ...I must be missing something.

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Paco,
The challenge is not to see who can come up with the best design....
They would like to show potential customers that bringing a 3D element into VCP is
a simple task, that can add value to the finished product.
They would like for you to try it out and James is giving away some 3D designs so you
will have something to work with.
You may submit a shaded preview as many times has you like ...the more you submit the better your chances to win....thats good for us....it's good for them because you tried out there software for each of those previews you submitted.
Even if the design is simple and it mimics another's work, you still have a chance to win.
The whole point is you did use the software to come up with it.

I should add that the advantage will weigh to the one who has the most time on there hands.
But irregardless, I look forward to seeing what can be done using the Vectric 3D elements.

it will be interesting to see how many unique designs everyone will come up with.

Chuck

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Paco, the challenge is to your imagination. Everyone can have some fun and try out the 3D - VCPro combination. Plus some free stuff too. Thanks Chuck for putting it so eloquently.
Perhaps I will have a go myself, although I would not be eligible for a prize :) Have a nice weekend, Cheers, James

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

Okay then... let's have a virtual fun! :wink:

:lol:

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi,

Chuck said ...
You may submit a shaded preview as many times has you like ...the more you submit the better your chances to win
We don't intend this to be the case as otherwise we may get swamped by many variations on the same theme. So the rule is that everyone who submits at least one design will be entered into the draw, and everyone will only be entered once.

Just to make it clear,

People can submit as many designs as they like (and we would love to see as many designs as possible), but each registered user will only be entered into the draw once.

Regards

Brian

P.S I've edited the rules to make this clearer - sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by BrianM on Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

We'll be "judge" from our best one, right?... not just the first one, right?

Can you provide some basic lines for matter of orienting efforts; like, are you loking for the best marketing layout, the most original, the VERY impressive one, the AWESOME complexe design, the largest usage or Megabytes... :roll:

Les_linton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ViperX7

Post by Les_linton »

If I understand everything correctly, there is "no" judging.... simply use the products, submit a completed project (digital version) and you are entered into a drawing. Once the deadline is reached a random drawing from those entered will determine the "winner" of the freebees.

Is this correct?

I'm so confused..... :?

Les :D