How do I clear cut whole area

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Rusty
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homebuilt

How do I clear cut whole area

Post by Rusty »

Howdy:
Just purchased the two-hearts design (regular) from VectorArt 3D.
I am making a chocolate mould & want the hearts to be raised while the areas around them are clear cut for the whole area around the hearts, right out to the edge of the material size. I will not be outline cutting out the hearts. I will be adding letter detail to the background surface around the hearts.
Also, is there a way to make the material size slightly larger without changing the size of the hearts?
Thanks to all that reply.
Rusty

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Re: How do I clear cut whole area

Post by gravirozo »

hello rusty

when you want to change the "job size" in edit menu... first with F8 call the component manager, and select all model, and turn off them... in the little square click and "uncheck" then the model not visible neither in 2d window nor in the 3d window...

now you can change the job size without the model is changing...

the models are associated with the "job size" but when you turn them off, in component manager they are not "exist" ...

i hope it helps you
viktor

ps i love chocolate... please share your ready work with pictures...

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Re: How do I clear cut whole area

Post by tmerrill »

Rusty,

I suggest you read the license agreement for the image you purchased before proceeding to make a mould with it. I think you will find it is not allowed without specific permission from VectorArt3D. Don't hesitate to contact James Booth to discuss what you are trying to do and how best to proceed.

Tim