VCarve Collection

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

VCarve Collection

Post by CRFultz »

James I just got my order....wow...very impressed.....there's enough there to keep my creative side
busy for sometime.

if anyone is considering in buying the VCarve collection from James it comes highly recommended

Thanks alot :D :D

Chuck

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Thanks Chuck - glad you like it - in case anyone else is interested this is what Chuck is referring to: http://www.vectorart3d.com/vectric
Cheers, James

PS _ Chuck don't forget to reply to my email regarding your Fleur De Lys 3D file so I can do up a little video for you.

tgm
Vectric Craftsman

VCarve Collection

Post by tgm »

James,

I completely forgot about that collection. I previously purchased some 3D items and the clipart stuff went right over my head.
Needless to say I just purchased the complete collection along with another 3D relief.
Great work!

Thanks,

Tom in PA

Warren
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Router

Post by Warren »

Hi James,
I've just received my VCarve collection. Thanks for the speedy delivery.

Chuk said:

James I just got my order....wow...very impressed.....there's enough there to keep my creative side
busy for sometime.

if anyone is considering in buying the VCarve collection from James it comes highly recommended

I would like to 2nd that.

One thing I was wondering James, concerning your License Agreement.
If any VCarve Pro user was to create a .crv file which included any part of your images and posted it on the forum as a show piece or a completed free .crv file, are we likely to have our fingers chopped off?

Could you please advise all VCarve Pro users?

Kindest Regards,
Warren.

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Warren,
thanks for the compliments - glad you like it - wish I could take some credit for it (other than assembling it) but the artwork is from the Vector Art 2D artists and yes it is a good resource.

With regard to the license agreement - you could post an image of your file but you could NOT post the crv file itself if it included the vectors as that would be electronically reproducing the design which is against the license - there is nothing to stop someone else then using that in other designs, which would be bad for business! So the best bet would be to save screen shots of the preview or to post pics of the finished part if you wanted to show it. If you want to post a CRV then please do not include Vector Art images or toolpaths associated with them. If anyone wants the vectors in your design they know where to get them :) http://www.vectorart3d.com/vectric - thanks for asking for clarification. I know many people on this forum are craftsmen/artists and as such understand the need to protect icopyright as this is how our artists make a living from their work.
Cheers, James

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

I have a question..... I'm thinking of getting this and the 3d wildlife pack for myself for Xmas. Is there some kind of catalog or viewer on the 2d pack? I'd hate to have to just blindly search through 2080 files on a disc to find what I'm looking for. Thanx!!

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Hi Jason,

you get a binder with a seperate page for each subject, each image (26 per subject) has a nice clean black and white image so you can see what it is. I think it is easy to browse and also to use to show customers. However I am biased so perhaps one of the guys who bought it will chip in here.
The Animal Collection (3D) comes with a colour booklet which has the images on it. We are also in the process of setting up a secure area on the website for customers of that product where we will offer free downloads of brochures/images etc. that can be used for marketing and sales. Hope this helps, please feel free to call me if you have any other questions - you can get my info at www.carve3d.com
Thanks,
James

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

James,

Sounds great! Now I just have to talk the Missus into it! (the hard Part)

Jason

Rusty
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homebuilt

Post by Rusty »

James:
Looking at ordering your clipart collection. There is no reference as to shipping choices/costs for shipping within Canada.
Thanks.
Rusty

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

JamesB wrote:Hi Jason,

you get a binder with a separate page for each subject, each image (26 per subject) has a nice clean black and white image so you can see what it is. I think it is easy to browse and also to use to show customers. However I am biased so perhaps one of the guys who bought it will chip in here.
The Animal Collection (3D) comes with a colour booklet which has the images on it. We are also in the process of setting up a secure area on the website for customers of that product where we will offer free downloads of brochures/images etc. that can be used for marketing and sales. Hope this helps, please feel free to call me if you have any other questions - you can get my info at www.carve3d.com
Thanks,
James
Here is a pic of the pages from the 2d binder that James sent me. The pages are heavy bond, printed on both sides, with a index in the front.
I had to move mine to a new binder so i can include other work along with the 3D stuff as well.
I'm in the process of putting the pages in protective sleeves so they won't get damaged.....
Attachments
CnC_Binder.jpg
(153.2 KiB) Downloaded 713 times

dmidkiff
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 2010 Shop Bot PRS Alpha 18"Z

Post by dmidkiff »

James,

I want to thank you also for sending the 3D Animal Collection. This will keep me busy for a long time.

Jason,

It will make an excellent gift.

Dave

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Rusty, we don't sell to Canadians :wink: only kidding, I actually live in Toronto but our shipping is out of California. I will check with my partner down there what it would cost and advise accordingly. I think the default would be international shipping which would be unfair for Canucks. I will advise on Monday what I find out. Thanks,
James

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

James,

Well, the wife went for it and I just ordered the 3D Collection and the 2D Collection! Should get it next week. Will let you know what I think. Thanx agan!

Jason

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Thanks Jason, much appreciated, I hope you like it.

Rusty - Apparently our shipping to Canada is as shown (international rates). I am going to look into stocking some items here for shipping to see if we can offer an alternate. Although it may be a week or so until I can get it sorted out. I will advise when I know more.
Thanks,
James