Training on V3M

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Training on V3M

Post by CRFultz »

Any training videos in the works?
As you can see some of us need all the help we can get.... :? :?
Attachments
ScreenHunter_1.jpg
(157.01 KiB) Downloaded 465 times

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

There are a couple of tutorials on the web page where you download the software from http://www.vectorart3d.com/machinist_free but you do have to scroll down to the very bottom of the page to find them. There are a couple more which will be coming soon to the Vectric site which cover Machinist and importing into VC Pro. We do have a CD which includes a mini-collection of artwork as well a a small manual and a full set of tutorial videos (45 minutes) - that sells for $199 (although there is $500+ of clipart on it) you can learn more about it here: http://www.vectorart3d.com/machinist. A number of people have bought the starter collection as a way to generate a library of mixed 3D samples to show their customers what they can do.

Also the idea of this forum topic is to allow you to ask questions, so please feel free to ask here if you are having a problem. Looking at your image I am not sure what is happeneing but it does not look good! You can email the file to me if you want me to take a look jab(at)carve3d(dot)com or post more info here, Thanks, James

truman

Post by truman »

I have V Carve Pro and was wondering do I need the vector art software to carve the images or can V Carve do it on its own and if so what formatt to purchase?
oh ya I was unaware of the deal with the vector art 3d vcarve solution when I purchased vcarve the other day can I still get the deal?

thank you

rob

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Rob, if you want to carve the 3D models from the Vector Art 3D website you will need the 3D Machinist software (free from the same website). You can export from this directly to the CNC machine or import the 3D toolpaths in VCPro to add additional date and toolpaths to make complete 2D/3D designs. The format to purchase the 3D models in for that software is V3M - check out the test samples (on same page as software download) before you buy other designs to see how it works.

If you want to cut 2D Vectors such as those in the Vector Art VCarve Collection then you only need VCPro.

I am sorry you missed the Solution offer, we do not offer the same discount for seperate purchase but have just set up a reduced price on the VCarve Collection for Vectric customers available from this link: http://www.vectorart3d.com/vectric/ .

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Hey James that's a great deal! Any plans for a Vectric 3D model package deal?
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

James I like that deal....thats why I didn't buy the mega collection...there was to many vectors that I didn't have any use for....this is a good deal for me....Consider that a sell...

Chuck

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

JamesB wrote:
Also the idea of this forum topic is to allow you to ask questions, so please feel free to ask here if you are having a problem. Looking at your image I am not sure what is happeneing but it does not look good! You can email the file to me if you want me to take a look jab(at)carve3d(dot)com or post more info here, Thanks, James
James I had the older version so i figured that was the reason i was gettting the results.

As a stand alone carving everything works great....When you try and get more then one into a single carving things get strange......
I'm sure its something I'm doing wrong but the results of this are confusing....

The zipped crv file is still to large so I'll email it to ya.

Chuck
Attachments
ScreenHunter_2.jpg
Preview shows the uncut vectors
and the overcut...
(151.8 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
ScreenHunter_3.jpg
All vectors selected...same v3m model just rotated and mirrored
(118.8 KiB) Downloaded 424 times