Glad your here!!

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Les_linton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ViperX7

Glad your here!!

Post by Les_linton »

Congrats James!!

Just wanted to be the first to post here.

Cheers,

Les

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

I'm also glad to see the addition to the forum.
Les_linton wrote:Thanks to everyone for the 2D info. I've taken what you've given me and have contracted with James at Carve3D to do a 3D version. I will post it in a few weeks when we get it started.
Thanks again,
Les
James, I'm curious if you've maded this 3d logo of the Corps Eagle,Globe & Anchor Emblem yet. And will it be availiable for anyone?
And Les I'm curious if you've machined this 3d logo yet?
I'm also wondering if the Semper Fidelis text in the banner is there or is it blank, allowing one to put in the text to have some control over that.

I'm fighting back a whole platoon of Old Salty DI's and Grunts, I'm not sure how much longer I can do this one handed.
Ooooraaahhhhh
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

Les_linton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ViperX7

Post by Les_linton »

Don,

I have the file, and will try to get it done this weekend. James was asking about it today.

James is going to post the graphic I think today. You will like it!!

Les

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard

Post by RoutnAbout »

Les, Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for asking James to create this file. Thanks James
________
Don

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Sorry for the delay in adding the emblem to the site, I am waiting until we release the free V3M models for Vectric customers next week (the reason for this will become clear then). The individual Anchor is already on the site though. Here is in a toolpath preview image of files which will be available soon set up in VCarve Pro with added text and 2D toolpaths.

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard

Post by RoutnAbout »

Your Right Les, It looks Great. I can't wait to see your work and your parameters and material of choice. So Les, I'm all ears as I have an award \ plaque, to make, that will be awarded to some of the senior Devil Dogs and the local Marine Corps Ball.

James, Am curious when will I be able to purchase this file.
And where\how do your prefer us to place to request other files. As I have one of this same theme. Such as the Raising of the Flag of Iwo Jima.

Again nice work and thanks again James.
________
Don

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Don,

best way to ask for something is here! Or as an email jab(at)carve3d(dot)com. I will either add them to my growing list of items to do one day or if you need it then we can work out a fee to get it done in a shorter time frame (if I am adding it to VA3D this will be much less than a one off model). I promise the Marine Logo will be up on the site Monday at the latest! Cheers, James

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

James can you do a Harley LowRider :D :D just curious....

Chuck

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard

Post by RoutnAbout »

Thanks James. Thats great timing as they are a go on this just from showing them a printed image of the renderd file.
And to give you the heads up, I'll be emailing a request ( couple weeks )soon about the "Raising of the Flag at Iwo Jima", As soon as I find out what they are wanting to use this.

Thanks!!
________
Don