ez-outer post processor

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

MaxRichards
Vectric Apprentice

ez-outer post processor

Post by MaxRichards »

I am having trouble getting v-carve pro to import the 3d file due to the post processor. I can't use any but the ez-router dnc ext. to save the 3d files. Is there any way around this.

Thanks
Max
making molds & turningwood in west Texas

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Re: ez-outer post processor

Post by JamesB »

Max,
I guess I am a little confused what you are trying to do and what your exact question is? If you want to take a part from Machinist into VCarve Pro you need to create the toolpaths and then instead of saving the file using the postprocessor you will go up to FILE - SAVE AS... and save the V3M which will now include the toolpaths. You can then import this into VCP using the import vectors command.

If you are trying to output directly to your CNC machine then its a case of choosing the right post for your machine.

If this does not help then let us know more info about what you need?

Thanks,
James

wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee 1000x750 Mach 4 PMDX Controller

Post by wmgeorge »

JamesB wrote:Max,
I guess I am a little confused what you are trying to do and what your exact question is? If you want to take a part from Machinist into VCarve Pro you need to create the toolpaths and then instead of saving the file using the postprocessor you will go up to FILE - SAVE AS... and save the V3M which will now include the toolpaths. You can then import this into VCP using the import vectors command.

If you are trying to output directly to your CNC machine then its a case of choosing the right post for your machine.

If this does not help then let us know more info about what you need?

Thanks,
James
James, So you are saving the OEM 3D file in Machinist, (with another file name) without creating Toolpaths to Save using a selected PostProcessor as mine is DesKCNC. Then when you save in VCarve (after adding other art) it creates the correct PP toolpath at that time? BG

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Yes (I think), once you import the V3M (with the calculated toolpaths) into VCP then you will get a greyscale and toolpaths in the VCP toolpath list. Once you are happy with their location with regard to any other toolpaths you make then you can save them using the VCP postprocessor to send to your machine.

Thanks,
James

MaxRichards
Vectric Apprentice

Post by MaxRichards »

Thanks that is simple when you know the trick.

Max
Max
making molds & turningwood in west Texas