Post processor for DeskCNC

Tips, tricks and questions about the free Design and Make 3D Machinist from https://store.designandmake.com/ - Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee 1000x750 Mach 4 PMDX Controller

Post processor for DeskCNC

Post by wmgeorge »

I used a trial 3-D image, but could not find DeskCNC in the list when I went to Save toolpaths. I found one that I think will work, I will try the actual file tomorrow, but it is for ez-Router which now seems to be using Mach 3 for control software??

Since my DeskCNC will take in STL files, I wonder If I would be better off just to use it, although I love VCarve Pro 4.6 and would like to have those same features in Vector Art 3D machinst.

I can not download any free files from Vector Art 3D, someone in the office had to send me one as an attachment last time or I would try the STL files. I have never had a problem on any other site, included FTP. The downloaded files are zero bytes in content?? I thought maybe someone would fix in the past month but its still the same as of yesterday.
Now the problem comes up with IE 7.0 message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" I think I could download with FireFox but those were the zero bytes files?

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Re: Post processor for DeskCNC

Post by JamesB »

Please email me "jab ( a t ) carve3d ( d o t) com" and I can send you a desk CNC postprocessor for 3D Machinist.

I have run through the free downloads on the website and can see no problems using IE7 or Firefox. As you are downloading a file you need to make sure that your browser is set to allow pop-ups for our site and that any relevant security settings in the browser or security-software is set to allow downloads (or you may need to temporarily switch it off). Thanks,
James

Greasetattoo
Vectric Wizard

Post by Greasetattoo »

wmgeorge,

I use DeskCnc with no problems.
I use the G Code (inch) (*.tap).
Works rather well.

In my version there is a Post Processor for DeskCnc too!
Suppose I could use that too!

GripUs
Vectric Wizard

Post by GripUs »

Also...when downloading, don't rename the file until AFTER you have it on your hard drive.

I guess you are wondering how I know that? :oops:

Well, that's all we have time for...

Regards,

Joe
Ham and eggs - Inconvenient for the chicken. A total commitment for the pig.
http://www.gripus.com/

wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee 1000x750 Mach 4 PMDX Controller

Post by wmgeorge »

JamesB wrote:Please email me "jab ( a t ) carve3d ( d o t) com" and I can send you a desk CNC postprocessor for 3D Machinist.

I have run through the free downloads on the website and can see no problems using IE7 or Firefox. As you are downloading a file you need to make sure that your browser is set to allow pop-ups for our site and that any relevant security settings in the browser or security-software is set to allow downloads (or you may need to temporarily switch it off). Thanks,
James
Ok what I found, in the User profile it asked you to Agree to a user agreement before you can download Yes / No. I went to mine and it wasn't checked either way. Regardless of correcting that I could not download. Went to the page not found, not connected IE screen.
I went to one of my laptops on wireless, logged in from that system Windows XP Pro & IE7 and was able to do the user profile Yes again and then downloaded to that computer? Once again, I can download and post to every Forum and group, website I go to without a problem.